• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Med School Suggestions

mafiate

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2003
Davis
I will be applying in June and was thinking about what schools to apply to. I really have no idea. I would like to stay in a big city, with lots of people and things to do. A good program in oncology and lots of research opportunities are also plus. Is there a list of top ranked schools or some kind of filter to select the med school you want. I live in California and therefore will apply to all the California schools. I will also apply to Harvard and John Hopkins just for the chance that maybe I'll get in. I have an avergage GPA and above average MCAT. I have 1.5 years of research and 1 year of hospital work. Where else do you suggest I apply?

mosoriire

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 11, 1999
Baltimore, MD, US
I think you need some critical sit-down time with your pre-med advisor. Or even the director of academic affairs at a medical school affiliated with your school (I'm assuming that you go to a school that has an affiliated medical school, which is a bit of an assumption).

It's difficult enough trying to go through the application process, doing it alone would definitely be a stretch....

felipe5

Fingerpickin' Good
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2002
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i also suggest that you apply to a wide range of schools......applying to only top 10 schools isn't the best idea. As far as what schools, well, there are a lot of factors to look at....as in location, cost, curriculum, yada yada. Check out the MSAR for a comprehensive list of med schools and their stats/info

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.