Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Med School TUITION PAID for by Public Health Organizations???

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by cg1, May 24, 2000.

1. cg1

cg1 Senior Member

Someone recently told me that there are Public Health organizations that will pay (or partially pay) for med school tuition. Once the student graduates, they work for X number of years in a public service capacity. I've done some searching on the 'net and can't find such an organization. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mermaid

mermaid Member

I've only heard about one thing that sounds like what you're talking about. It's through the government (I think). You just go through school like usual and afterward you have to work in a medically underserved location. I hear about this a lot b/c I live in Kansas and there are plenty of underserved areas in the western half of the state. I am pretty sure that it is a federal government program so check into that.
    Good luck [​IMG]

4. RDJ

RDJ

5. Lt. Ub

Lt. Ub Senior Member

It's called the U.S. Army. I went to college for free and now I'm going to med school for free. I know it's not for everyone (and probably not what you had in mind), but I'll be happy to answer your questions if you have any.

------------------
    "They do certainly give very strange and newfangled names to diseases."
    - Plato

6. Matt Norman

Matt Norman Member

Hey Lt. I just finished Nursing school and have considered going into the army in order to finance med school.I have a bunch of questions about this route. Drop me an email if you have the time to answer some of them.Thanks.

Matt

------------------
    Love God, Hate Sin