Med School TUITION PAID for by Public Health Organizations???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cg1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone recently told me that there are Public Health organizations that will pay (or partially pay) for med school tuition. Once the student graduates, they work for X number of years in a public service capacity. I've done some searching on the 'net and can't find such an organization. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I've only heard about one thing that sounds like what you're talking about. It's through the government (I think). You just go through school like usual and afterward you have to work in a medically underserved location. I hear about this a lot b/c I live in Kansas and there are plenty of underserved areas in the western half of the state. I am pretty sure that it is a federal government program so check into that.
Good luck
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
It's called the U.S. Army. I went to college for free and now I'm going to med school for free. I know it's not for everyone (and probably not what you had in mind), but I'll be happy to answer your questions if you have any.

------------------
"They do certainly give very strange and newfangled names to diseases."
- Plato

Hey Lt. I just finished Nursing school and have considered going into the army in order to finance med school.I have a bunch of questions about this route. Drop me an email if you have the time to answer some of them.Thanks.

Matt

------------------
Love God, Hate Sin