Med School tuition vs. DPT School Tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbizzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so I haven't been looking for Med School tuition, because Im not interested in Med School, so I dont know how much they really are. I usually just check out PT tuition for the schools im applying to. OK...So I was looking at University Missouri-Columbia for the tuition for PT school, and came across Med School tuition. Am I crazy/delusional or is PT school tuition more than med school tuition? Mizzou-Columbia list Med school tuition for year 1 and 2 as $11,862.00/semester. year 3 & 4 as $13,180.00 per semester. WTF, this is cheaper than most of the PT schools, is this right or am I seeing things wrong.

So then Im looking through some post in the med forums and they say that public schools in FL, specifically UF, tuition is 3K per semester.

I was under the impression that med school was way more, I mean way more expensive than PT school.

WHY...DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY....OR CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

OK, so I haven't been looking for Med School tuition, because Im not interested in Med School, so I dont know how much they really are. I usually just check out PT tuition for the schools im applying to. OK...So I was looking at University Missouri-Columbia for the tuition for PT school, and came across Med School tuition. Am I crazy/delusional or is PT school tuition more than med school tuition? Mizzou-Columbia list Med school tuition for year 1 and 2 as $11,862.00/semester. year 3 & 4 as $13,180.00 per semester. WTF, this is cheaper than most of the PT schools, is this right or am I seeing things wrong.

So then Im looking through some post in the med forums and they say that public schools in FL, specifically UF, tuition is 3K per semester.

I was under the impression that med school was way more, I mean way more expensive than PT school.

WHY...DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY....OR CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG!!!!!!!

Those sound like in-state tuition rates. From my experience, most medical students are somewhere between 80k-300k in debt depending on in-state vs. out-of-state and amount of undergraduate debt. Those numbers do not include interest rates...I have seen as high as 475k in loans + interest when all is said and done. On the same note, I have seen PT debt range from 30k-160k.