Med School....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

INevrLearn

GoldMember
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before I start this thread... let me say this.... I am NOT trying to spark a debate about which profession (MD vs. PharmD/RPh) is better, smarter, faster, jumps higher, knows more, has larger penis, etc etc etc...............................:cool:

I'll be finishing up my PharmD program in a little over a year, and after serious thought and debate I've decided that a career in medicine is more suited for me. (The story is much longer than that, but I'll spare you the details. AGAIN... this is a personal decision and not a blast on pharmacists or the profession:) )

I've been talking with a few people about this (Thanks LSUMED,) but I'm curious if there are others out there who have done something similar (I.E.- go back to med school after finishing a PharmD program.) Thoughts? What did you do? How did you come to your decision?

Thanks everyone!

Matt

Members don't see this ad.

Matt

I am not in the same situation, but have several comrades who are.

I know of 2 people who got their PharmD and then applied to medical school. Both got in.

I know of one person who got their PharmD and will be attending law school next year.

I know of one person who got their PharmD and now does real estate.

So, I guess it depends on what makes you happy.

Some people want to do pharmacy and then move onto medicine or law because having a PharmD will enhance their ability to do well in these other fields.

Do what makes you happy. If you feel that medicine is where you will be better suited, then go for it.

As a first year now and seeing the money and careers my friends have I have sometimes thought "Gee...I shoulda been a pharmacist." And other times I know I wouldn't want to be doing anything else.

Best of luck with your decision.