MED schools GPA scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahgahg

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

I am wondering how the med schools calculate the GPA. Does each school average your 4 years? Are there any schools that consider your best 3 years?
I transferred to a different school after my sophomore year. My GPA scores at the new school, for my juinor and senior years, are really high. So, I am trying to find out if all the medical schools average all 4 years or if there is a few that take the best 3 years or best 90 credit hours.
Also, any other related information will be appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who left a message here,

Members don't see this ad.

hi everyone,

I am wondering how the med schools calculate the GPA. Does each school average your 4 years? Are there any schools that consider your best 3 years?
I transferred to a different school after my sophomore year. My GPA scores at the new school, for my juinor and senior years, are really high. So, I am trying to find out if all the medical schools average all 4 years or if there is a few that take the best 3 years or best 90 credit hours.
Also, any other related information will be appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who left a message here,

Boy, that would be nice -- take your top 3, drop the lowest. Just like my ochem class midterms! Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. AMCAS averages every single college-level class into your GPA.

The good news is that they also break down your GPAs by year so the schools will be able to see your improvement and take it into account.