1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

MeD ScHoOLs In InDiA

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by SkAnDaLoUs, Mar 4, 2002.

1. SkAnDaLoUs

SkAnDaLoUs Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey,
    I was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience at med schools in india, specifically in Hyderabad. I was raised in the US, and i've done about 3 years of undergrad here. And now i'm gonna start medschool in the summer. I just wanted to know what to expect. How often are exams? How often are vacations? Do people study together or individually? Do professors act differently to NRI's ? Are the bathroom super scary? I think I'll be starting at the Kamineni Institute, so if you have any info on that medschool specifically, that would be great :) Thanks so much.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Long Hair and a Beard

Long Hair and a Beard Obsessionist
    7+ Year Member

It will do you good to read this thread;

<a href="http://www.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000485" target="_blank">Go to India for Med School!</a>

4. SkAnDaLoUs

SkAnDaLoUs Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks! i read thru it.. but it still didn't offer the first had kind of experience i wanted. hopefully someone who's been down there will read it. also, i was wondering if anyone know's HOW to apply to medical schools in india. I heard you have to get some certificate that approves the courses you took in highschool? is there somewhere on the internet that will provide this information in detail?? thanks!