Med schools in Michigan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jofrbr76

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
That's the state i'm from, so i'm most likely to get accepted to a school there right? So anyone who's gotten accepted at Msu, UofM, or WSU what's your story? I'm interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, as a MI resident, you have a very good chance getting into any of the 4 schools in the state.

I applied to all three MD schools, MSUCHM being my first choice. I got secondaries from all 3, but was accepted in October to MSU and withdrew my other applications (didn't send secondaries back).

All 4 schools have their strengths and it would do you well to determine which school best offers what you are looking for. For me, even though I did my UG in Ann Arbor, MSU was by far the best choice (U.S. News rankings are like MCAT scores, only a snapshot and definitely NOT the whole story).

Give a call to the admissions folks at each place. Visit their websites. Get in contact with current students via email (the admissions folks gave me adresses). Decide what it is that you want and need.

Cheers!