med schools with good clinical exposure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre-money

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering what med schools have been known to have good hospitals and diverse clinical exposure...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure that many of the top schools would fit this description and ones that are affiliated with a large city's public hospital (Cook Cty, L.A. Cty, etc.) Of the ones that I visited (no top tiers
:) ) the University of IL, Rush Medical, and Indiana University seem to have great clinical experiences.....

Univerisity of Texas San Antonio

Members don't see this ad :)
There are probably too numerous schools with good clinical exposure to name. Any school in a major city attached to a major medical center will have the opportunity to see a sufficiently diverse patient population to satisfy one's time and curiosity during medical school. The patient population is a more important factor in choosing a residency program, in my opinion.

If good clinical exposure is what's most important to you, Harvard, Hopkins, Stanford and Mayo supposedly have top-notch programs where you really see the gamut of diseases out there.

Temple has excellent trauma clinical experience.

UCONN has a strong clinical program. First year and second year students spend one afternoon a week seeing patients in a clinical setting in addition to time spent learning clinical skills in simulated environment. They also place a strong emphasis on community service by students.

It's too easy to think of all the ones that have good clinical exposure or decent exposre. Maybe people should change the question to "What schools have POOR clinical exposure during their first and second years of medical schools?"

wyldstyle