med schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drboris

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I do not know which school should be my first choice: Loyola, Northwestern, or Finch? Finch is closest to home for me and is convenient.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you going into medicine to learn or to make it easier on your legs? (Not sarcastic, don't flame me)

If I were you, I would place the three in this order:
1) NW
2) Loyola
3) Finch

Based on reputation and on current rankings. I'm sure people may disagree with me, but that's life.

Hope this helps.

I agree with dcpark.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys. I think I will definitely put finch at the bottom of the pile, but I like Loyola and its new-age small group case study based curriculum. Do you guys know of any professors in Medical school who went to Loyola as opposed to any other top name or ivy league school?

Eventually I want to teach as well as practice and I am not sure if can do that if I go to Loyola?

I'm hoping you're a nontrad with a house and family cause if home is where your parents live... well, if that is the case, consider moving out. It's a good idea.

Also, consider adding a school: UIC. It has a better rep than Finch and is hella cheaper.

And as far as teaching, unless you want a PhD now, the key is going to be getting a good academic-angled residency and/or fellowship. So you can definately go to loyola and teach later.