Med student/Pre-Meds: Bring traffic to your own non-profit org/those you care about+support others

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sosoSoCalpreMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All! My name is Andy Scheinok and I am currently an MS2 at the University of Utah School of Medicine. I wanted to start a thread on non-profit organizations started by medical students, or organizations that you truly believe in, with the hopes of bringing attention and traffic to help support your causes.
To start it off, I will go ahead and introduce mine:
I am a native Southern Californian from San Diego who never really experienced living in a real Winter city. When I got SLC, I found that people in our homeless community were suffering from hypothermia-related illness and even freezing to death every year. This was a complete shock to me of course and after seeing so many people come in to the homeless outreach student-run free clinic that I am a co-president of, I figured I would try and do something about it. This year, I registered my own non-profit called Project Antifreeze LLC with the hopes of making enough money to distribute an anti-hypothermia NASA grade Mylar blanket to every homeless person in Salt Lake City and then beyond if all goes well. I am also hoping to document my journey with the ultimate goal of showing other incoming medical students how easy it is to start a company like this in your city, if indeed you live in one with freezing winter temps. I created a go fund me with the ultimate goal of raising $2500 which would provide 5000-7000 Mylar blankets as they are only 40-50 cents a blanket. I have already received $2000 and placed my first order for 1000 blankets which will arrive within the week. If you can, please help me share this gofundmelink and check it out for yourselves. 100% of the profits will go to the homeless community and Uncle Sam (Taxes :/). I am the only owner of this company and employee and I do not take a salary of course. I post updates as I receive them, and always thank every donor individually. I realize that, as medical students, we are all extremely broke. However, I should have you know that nearly half of my money has come from people on facebook whom my link was shared with, making sharing just as valuable as donating. If you could donate, please know that every $1 truly touches at least 2 people in our homeless community. Thus, $1 has the chance to truly save a couple lives or at the least improve their quality.
Link to Share: Click here to support Project Antifreeze organized by Andy Scheinok

Project Antifreeze

w_logo.png

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, I look forward to seeing and supporting the organizations that you all care about or have started on your own!

Members don't see this ad.