Med students to nurses: show us your boobs!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You got me man! What a sleuth! :eek: :scared:

:laugh:

What about if I used a phrase like knowledge = power. That's so incredibly unique too, I'll bet that would make me the president of the center for nursing advocacy! And I don't suppose that I could possibly have been influenced by anything I read there...no, that could never be.

Get real man. All you people are so scared of nurses it's just pathetic. Get a grip. If we're all supposed to be so frightened of the competition maybe you guys should learn more about your enemy.

Members don't see this ad.

JamesSteelJones said:
You got me man! What a sleuth! :eek: :scared:

:laugh:

What about if I used a phrase like knowledge = power. That's so incredibly unique too, I'll bet that would make me the president of the center for nursing advocacy! And I don't suppose that I could possibly have been influenced by anything I read there...no, that could never be.

Get real man. All you people are so scared of nurses it's just pathetic. Get a grip. If we're all supposed to be so frightened of the competition maybe you guys should learn more about your enemy.

:eek: Did anyone else think I was serious? That's too funny, because the alternative to me making a joke is that I really am THAT stupid. And apparently JamesSteelJones thinks I am. :laugh:

Everyone is too PC these days..

If the med students insult the nurses out of good old-time fun.. why not just insult them back by making a song?..

God... everyone has to act like female crybabies these days.. (jk :laugh: )

Members don't see this ad :)
First of all, this story is real. I am in Alberta. I am a medical student (in Calgary - not the u of A). I used to be a nurse (in Edmonton at the U of A).

I wasn't at the med show, so I can't comment on the spirit of this "song." I would like to hope that it was a parody and meant to be funny (albeit I can't imagine how anyone could find that funny). I also don't know if the students then went on to sing a raunchy song about medical students.

The nursing advocacy group is definitely being vocal. Some may argue that the nursing advocacy group takes some issues to the extreme or out of context. I'm not going to sit here and discuss what it was like being a nurse, etc etc etc.

I think the bigger issue is general professionalism. That any medical student could think it would be OK to sing such a profane song completely baffles me. When you are representing your faculty, your profession, and your university it is never OK to be that vulgar. If I, as a medical student, were to sit in the hospital cafeteria and talk about giving head, bitches, ******, etc I would be in major trouble.

The fact that they were aiming their comments at nurses shows their ignorance of the nursing profession. However, they could have been singing about anybody and the comments would have been equally as unprofessional and uncalled for.

I think the individual medical students who were involved in writing or performing this song should be disciplined. It's extremely unprofessional and having to write an appology is not sufficient.

just my $0.02

A lot of med schools have similar shows, and I've heard of skits that are far worse than this one, such as taping a medical student manipulating her labia in order to create a "talking vagina" and showing this to the entire school.

Some said these students are in for a hard time when they start on the wards, I'm willing to guess these were students already on the wards, thus the inspiration for the song. At least at my school 1st and 2nd year skits tend to revolve around gross anatomy lab and Step 1.

From nursing advocacy:

Q: OK, if I promise to say "physicians," not "doctors," may I go to the "physician's office?" May I "take my loved one to the physician?"

A: No. Whether you see a physician, nurse or some other primary care professional, you should go to the "advanced practitioner's office," "primary care provider's office" or the "health provider's office."

I think this conclusively proves they're insane and this thread can now be forgotten. :laugh:

OMG, I almost forgot my appointment at the advanced practitioner's office...