Med Student's Wish List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diosa428

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what to tell my family members to get me for Christmas. What is everyone else asking for this year? Right now I'm on the wards, but I already have all the books I need, all the professional clothes I need, and a palm. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Books for the future (Step 2/3, residency, Match, etc.)? Computer/PDA programs? Do you need any medical supplies/equipment?

Subscription to a journal? Subscription to a newspaper?

I asked for subscriptions to quality journals such as "Cosmopolitan" and "Glamour" as well as a new set of 800 thread count sheets, to further promote quality sleep during the limited hours I get in my bed :p.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I asked for a Wii (doubt I'll get it) and snowboarding pants (already know I got them since I was with my parents when they bought them).

Yeah I asked for snowboarding pants and a new wool coat. For small things I asked for a cover for my PDA and a tire gauge... Has anyone read any good books lately?

Yeah I asked for snowboarding pants and a new wool coat. For small things I asked for a cover for my PDA and a tire gauge... Has anyone read any good books lately?
I've been meaning to get Dr. Sid Schwab's book - if it's anything like his blog - http://surgeonsblog.blogspot.com - it's probably excellent. Definitely take a look at his blog.

As for Christmas, I want a good fleece for skiing, and I'd like some really good earbuds. You probably have an mp3 player, and you're probably using the earbuds that came with it, which are probably crappy. :p I'd like some Shure in-ear ones that block out all the ambient sound so I don't have to blast my music to drown out the irritating laughs and giggles and crappy music at the coffee shop, haha.

I'd like some Shure in-ear ones that block out all the ambient sound...

Excellent choice! I have the SE310's and they are phenomenal (although I got them cheap. If I was paying retail, I think the 210's are the best bang for your buck).

$100 dollar Starbucks gift card and a nice pillow...that'll make any med student happy.

I asked for a Wii that I won't get, the Cuisinart Griddler, Planet Earth DVD set, and gift cards.

My personal rule for Christmas is that I only ask for things I normally wouldn't myself spend the money on. It's the holidays, you're supposed to treat yourself!

Excellent choice! I have the SE310's and they are phenomenal (although I got them cheap. If I was paying retail, I think the 210's are the best bang for your buck).
I'm eyeballing some Shure E2c-n earbuds for $62 on Amazon. Hmmmmm.

how about a professional massage