Med students would know...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thecoldwind

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that any current medical school student, could tell me about the lowest MCAT score of any current student accepted into medical school.
In other words, what is the lowest score of anyone you know that has SOMEHOW been accepted.
I'm asking current students, because I am sure you guys tell each other that stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

I can not answer your question, I've been in med school for 3 months and NOBODY talks about MCAT scores.

That's pretty funny...

I have NO idea what any of my classmates got. On the MCAT, gpa wise, or on step one. But then again, we don't even talk about how well we did on med school exams (though some do talk about that, i know!)

Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT scores and Undergrad gpa is sorta taboo to talk about at my School ( to think about it ..no one talks about med school grades either)

I went to an interview lunch a couple of weeks ago, and one of the interviewees asked what were my MCAT scores. It took me aback. It took me a second to even remmember what my score was... I guess the point I am trying to make is ..once you are in med school all of that is unimportant. Once in Med School, one cares if you got 45 or a 19 on your MCAT.

The people with 21 MCATs and 2.5 gpas probably are not going to advertise they got in with those gpas and scores. Plus I imagine those individuals are in a very very very small minority.

Soupbone
UASOM IV

I've heard numbers as low as 23, though that
is atypical. Probably some political issues involved. Most state schools cluster around 30. That was several years ago though, as I am a 4th year now.