MedEdits have 100% DO admission?

NeuroLAX

Discere faciendo
Apr 17, 2012
  1. Medical Student
    They certainly have an impressive list of schools to which clients were accepted. I didn't use MedEdits, but if you think you need that sort of guidance then you can probably find a cheaper option. I've become wary about claims that seem a tad dubious. For example, I certainly should have thought twice about giving up 1k+ for Kaplan review. They're claims of success reeled me in the first time around. It just didn't work for me. I did MUCH better using SDN and EK book series.

Last edited:
    About the Ads

Iliketoytles

5+ Year Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Texas
    1. Medical Student
      FrkyBgStok has 100% too and he will do it for $500 and then $100/hour after. Dirt cheap. It's like he's doing it for free.

What a deal!

But OP, as long as you have SDN you really don't need that garbage. People here are more knowledgeable about the process, and will edit your PS and aid you with this whole process. I can't believe companies like MedEdits are still around... SDN needs its own TV commercial.

thegame11

15+ Year Member
      May 26, 2005
      The Great White North
      1. Pre-Medical
        I rarely come to these forums but just caught your post.

I used MedEdits when I applied last year. I was not impressed with the service :thumbdown:. (1) $300+ is a lot! There are other sites which can give you a decent advice for a lot less (explore the site editavenue.com...). (2) They inserted some anecdotes and cliches into my essay which are actually not recommended by some of the essay writing books. (3) At that time, they offered 2 proofreads. But, I noticed that the second proofreading was useless because they have made most of the suggestions in the first read. The second proofread was just like "great..." So, I don't recommended it all.

But, I do recommend Dr. Freedman's interview book :thumbup:. It has great advice :).

NeuroLAX

Discere faciendo
        Apr 17, 2012
        1. Medical Student
          What a deal!

But OP, as long as you have SDN you really don't need that garbage. People here are more knowledgeable about the process, and will edit your PS and aid you with this whole process. I can't believe companies like MedEdits are still around... SDN needs its own TV commercial.

SDN! :woot: What channels do you think SDN would air their commercial on?

About the Ads

CopToEM

Livin' the Dream
          5+ Year Member
          7+ Year Member
          Jun 3, 2009
          Southeast US
          1. Medical Student
            You've got ten years of free advice on this forum and countless medical students who will help you for free. Just tell us what you need/want to know.

Of course, if you want to waste $395 an hour, you can write checks to.....

Iliketoytles

5+ Year Member
            Aug 23, 2011
            Texas
            1. Medical Student
              Im not familiar with MedEdits...what is it exactly? Sounds like they are just advisers...how can they get 100% acceptance for their DO customers? Am I missing something

This is a bunch of nonsense. They can't get a DO applicant with a 2.0 GPA/22 MCAT an acceptance. Their "advice" would be the obvious... retake MCAT, raise GPA.

Please don't fall for the trap and actually look into MedEdits or companies like it. It's a complete waste of money and time... and it just perpetuates this company's unfortunate existence.

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.