Medicaid Vs Private Insurance Medicaid Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

War of Arts

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am wrapping up the matriculation requirements for my school and one of them is to have valid insurance with the exemption of Medicaid. Could anyone explain what exactly Medicaid is? Isn't it a government insurance program or not? I am enrolled in a private insurance company plan called Medicaid TANF/SN is this Medicaid? I also have a separate white card from the state government, sometime people say that is the Medicaid card but I am not sure. Anyone knows what it is?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am wrapping up the matriculation requirements for my school and one of them is to have valid insurance with the exemption of Medicaid. Could anyone explain what exactly Medicaid is? Isn't it a government insurance program or not? I am enrolled in a private insurance company plan called Medicaid TANF/SN is this Medicaid? I also have a separate white card from the state government, sometime people say that is the Medicaid card but I am not sure. Anyone knows what it is?

What you have is medicaid. Medicaid is an insurance provided by the state for low-income families/individuals who otherwise would not be able to purchase an insurance plan. Medical schools should accept medicaid for their insurance requirement.

Reactions: 1 user