medical abbreviations.......????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

banta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
More help folks....thank you so much for posting and answering my other questions. This clinical stuff is a new world! Not the most organized place for a student. :)

Can anyone recommend a book, or website, anything....on common medical abbreviations used in patient charts and in medicine?

Thanks again!!!!! You have all been a tremendous help!......SUZY B. :)))

:love:

;)

Members don't see this ad.

Med abbreviations are a bit intimidating at first, but you pick them up quickly.... If you have lot's of money, hire an interpreter :). Otherwise, the best thing to do would be to type in "medical abbreviations" in google or any other search engine and hopefully you'll find something. If you need a book, there should be 2 or 3 at your school's bookstore. Peruse them and buy the one that jumps out at you. By the end of your first rotation, you'll be using the common ones without thinking. Unfortunately, many people make up their own so even with an interpreter, you'll run into a few that make absolutely no sense.

Good luck!... and remember, your worst day of 3rd year will be better than your best day of sitting through 6+ hours of lecture and then going home to study ;)

I scanned a chart from the inside cover of Introduction to Clinical Medicine, which contains common abbreviations. It is a useful intro book that we are currently revising.

If you would like a copy of the file, please e-mail me at
[email protected]. The file is a one meg PDF.

-Scott