Medical and Dental Boards for OMFS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclaguy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to take the First Part of the Medical School Boards right after you take the First Part of the Dental School Boards?

I was thinking that since they may have similarities it maybe good to get both done at close to the same time. What are your opinions on this?

Has anyone done this before?

Do you know if it is possible to get through all the paper work hooplah for signing up for the Medical School Boards?

Members don't see this ad.

no you have to be certified by the medical school you are attending in order to take part 1. Fat chance on them doing this for dental students.

Bitters said:
no you have to be certified by the medical school you are attending in order to take part 1. Fat chance on them doing this for dental students.

funny.......for some reason, people in my MS2 class still think i am in dental school somehow. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Doggie said:
funny.......for some reason, people in my MS2 class still think i am in dental school somehow. :confused:

That is b/c they dont understand the oral survery curriculum and prolly dont care enuf to ask you.

Doggie said:
i get that too. i just correct them and say that i am a dentist.

About 20 years ago you could do this, but not anymore.

To register for the medical boards, you have to be enrolled in a medical school and have the school's documentation to prove it.

Most schools are reluctant to do this because if you do poorly, it will negatively affect their statistics.