Medical College of Georgia class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fahimaz7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

yo, sent in my benjamin today :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Sean,

Our class thread is so pathetic! lol.

I didn't even realize this thread existed. I stay so busy with work that I don't have much time to get on here and check. Do we have any idea how many have been accepted so far? Anyone else trying to sell their house to move to Augusta?

Hey, figured I'd bump this thread up. Not sure how many have been accepted thus far, other than those accepted via EDP. Do any of you know about when we'll recieve our PULSE e-mail accounts?

Hey, figured I'd bump this thread up. Not sure how many have been accepted thus far, other than those accepted via EDP. Do any of you know about when we'll recieve our PULSE e-mail accounts?

Some people can log in if they first go through "MyMCG" portal. The initial login is the first initial of your first name followed by your entire last name (ie jsmith). The password is your 4-digit birthday followed by the last 4 of your SS number.

Our facebook group has quite a bit of talk about the Pulse account troubles.

Just noticed it! Thanks for the help! It feels good to see how "official" we are with the MCG e-mail address.

I like the increased traffic here.....

Anybody started on that FAFSA beast yet?

To those of you already living in Augusta, hows the housing market?? My dad is mildly interested in "investing" with me on a house.

And aside from buying, what do any of you know about the carriage houses in the "hill" area? I heard a couple of people mention them during my interview visit and they sound interesting.

Scean,

If you're looking at housing, expect a 2-3 bedroom, on the "hill", to set you back 140k-300k. I know of a really nice carriage house (3 bedroom 2.5 bath) that is currently on the market at 265k. It's in the hills. When you start your look, make sure you're buying one above Heard Ave...anything below that is really sketchy.

I can't work on FASFA until I get my W-2's back from my last two employers! So, whenever they decide to mail them I'll be getting on top of that ASAP.

While I haven't bought a house, I did buy a stethoscope! My parents decided that I needed a birthday present and decided to give me my first stehoscope (I went with the Littmann Master Cardiology).

:)

whats up fahimaz,

Yea I wasn't planning on buying anything on the hill, but maybe renting. I really have no clue what I'm talking about, so I guess I need to take a little trip to augusta soon and scope things out.

I'm in the same boat as you with the W'2s though. And I'll also have to wait on my parents to get their return done. Though they are both accountants, they always save their taxes for last, sigh. Maybe I can convince them otherwise this year.

So when you say "above" heard ave, what direction does that mean exactly? From what I can tell on google maps, it runs north/south-ish.

When you look at the "hill".... You start at 15th street... progress up walton way towards Heard, Hickman, Milledge, etc as you make your way up. All of the expensive houses lay between the Augusta Country Club and Forest Hills golf course.

Bump. MCG has been SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody want to comment on teeth collection. How is that coming along? I have about 60 teeth so far.

I just finished my MCG financial aid application and Loan counselling. Does anyone know how soon we can find out if we've received an award?

Sorry guys. I think I'm on the wrong thread. Going back to my dental school buddies.

anyone interested in living in a downtown house or apartment? i will be a 1st yr med student in august and i would prefer to live with other students (med, pharm, dent, etc). my name is luke, you can reach me at [email protected]

So I am sitting in the airport ATM and figured I would revive this thread. With 4 months till school starts, I hope that we get some more action on this one! When are you planning on moving to Augusta?

Last edited:
Just got accepted! WHOO HOOO!

Thought I'd bump this up. How's housing going for everyone? And anybody doing anything exciting for this "last" summer?

Finally!!
After yrs of hard work, I am in!!!!
Hi everyone~!:laugh:

Congrts! What round was it for you?

Add me to the list.

Currently trying to tie up loose ends, and looking for a place to crash my body during the hours that we are not blasting our minds.

BTW - I am nominating myself for "Medical Student Recreations Officer"

Hello. I'm a 4th year med student who will be doing a visiting rotation at MCG in pediatrics from 11/21 to 12/16. I'm searching for a possible room to rent while I'm there as it will likely be less expensive than some of the apartment choices around the area. If you have such a room, please let me know at [email protected]

Thanks!
Katherine

I've been thinking about buying a smartphone or an iPod Touch before going to MCG next fall (2012!)--any suggestions? And will it really be that helpful in med school? I understand that they are awesome regardless, but I heard that they suggest everyone gets one. :)
The iPod is nice because of no data plan, but is it a good thing?

Thanks

You don't need either for the first two years. Why buy old technology?

using the new audience response system, you can actually enter answers to class questions using your iphone or ipod touch. If you don't have one, you can use your computer. Since everyone is required to have a computer, it makes almost no sense to use your iphone/ipod for this purpose, unless you are one of the 4 people who take notes on paper.