Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toroisgood

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the school require their dental students to buy a laptop of a certain model?

Also, what are their NBDE passing rates?

Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

no
Last year it was 100%, and their scores are in the top 10 in the country, 4th on the part one I think.

Members don't see this ad :)
no laptop needed, but armorshell is right, almost every school i went to said they were in the top 10 on boards "almost every year" or something like that. i've also heard that the board scores are never officially released so deans call each other up and see how they compare and then make up a ranking. mcg does have very high pass rate and from what i can tell they produce very good dentists and do well on part 2 boards, but they tend to do worse on part 1 of the boards

The only place I went that didn't make that claim was good 'ol Pacific :)

Of course, we all know that according to the dean we're the "Number one school in the country" :rolleyes:

Wow, I think deans all over the world come from the same mold, Even my dean used to say the same thing...hehe..

No laptop needed but you will die of boredom in class if you don't have one. The pass rate for part 1 is about 98% I believe. This year our class had about 6 people in the 90s that I know of on the new format of part I. Honestly your success on part I has basically zero to do with where you go to school and everything to do with you in my opinion. I could have just studied the review books on day 1 of dental school for about 6 months and scored 90+.