Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serene

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've checked past threads regarding secondary questions, but I haven't been able to find anything on MCG . . .could someone please post the questions? I called the school, and they're sending a secondary in the mail this week . . .not sure why it was held up for so long, but I'd like to get a head start on it.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Serene-- Welcome to SDN!!

I can't help you out b/c I don't have the secondary, either. Are you a GA resident? I'm in NC, but I'd like to go to MCG b/c I have friends there. Good luck!

MCG has some general applicant information forms to fill out, a residency form to fill out, a form for you to fill out all the EC, community, etc stuff you did, an essay that you must "In your own words, explain your motivation for seeking a career in medicine" (half a page), an essay which you must "describe the geographical setting in which you think you would most like to practice following medical training. Include the following information if known: the region of hte country, the name of hte state, the region of the state and the name of the town and county." (half a page), an essay in which you can "indicate any special experiences, unusual factors, etc..." (a page), and lastly, a form to fill out all yoru required courses.

hope this helps...

nkow

Members don't see this ad :)
I second that DW...

How many out of staters get a secondary? I was wondering what criteria they look for for out of state candidates, since I am applying as a non-resident.

i don't know how many out-of-staters get a secondary to mcg, but i do know that they're really picky about who they let in. my best friend is a MS2 there, and out of about 160 people in her class, just one is an out-of-stater. that one out-of-stater is from North Augusta, in SC, right across the river from MCG. :rolleyes:

i probably will not get in to mcg, but i'd love to interview there just to have an excuse to visit my friends and family in augusta. ;)

MCG secondary was somewhat tedious.. Mainly just a complete rehash of the AMCAS application.. The problem is that you have to figure out how to paraphrase what you already have appropriately and then add a little tid bit about yourself.. The questions are fairly straightforward. Why MCG? Why do you want to be a doc.. What kind of practice do you see yourself in/ and or area you want to practice in... Good Luck