serene

15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I've checked past threads regarding secondary questions, but I haven't been able to find anything on MCG . . .could someone please post the questions? I called the school, and they're sending a secondary in the mail this week . . .not sure why it was held up for so long, but I'd like to get a head start on it.

Sweet Tea

Girl Next Door
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2002
Travelling via handbasket
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hey Serene-- Welcome to SDN!!

I can't help you out b/c I don't have the secondary, either. Are you a GA resident? I'm in NC, but I'd like to go to MCG b/c I have friends there. Good luck!

nkow

bouncin' here and there
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2002
ATL
Visit site
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
MCG has some general applicant information forms to fill out, a residency form to fill out, a form for you to fill out all the EC, community, etc stuff you did, an essay that you must "In your own words, explain your motivation for seeking a career in medicine" (half a page), an essay which you must "describe the geographical setting in which you think you would most like to practice following medical training. Include the following information if known: the region of hte country, the name of hte state, the region of the state and the name of the town and county." (half a page), an essay in which you can "indicate any special experiences, unusual factors, etc..." (a page), and lastly, a form to fill out all yoru required courses.

hope this helps...

nkow

About the Ads

Kermie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
How many out of staters get a secondary? I was wondering what criteria they look for for out of state candidates, since I am applying as a non-resident.

Sweet Tea

Girl Next Door
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2002
Travelling via handbasket
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
i don't know how many out-of-staters get a secondary to mcg, but i do know that they're really picky about who they let in. my best friend is a MS2 there, and out of about 160 people in her class, just one is an out-of-stater. that one out-of-stater is from North Augusta, in SC, right across the river from MCG. :rolleyes:

i probably will not get in to mcg, but i'd love to interview there just to have an excuse to visit my friends and family in augusta. ;)

Rampant

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
MCG secondary was somewhat tedious.. Mainly just a complete rehash of the AMCAS application.. The problem is that you have to figure out how to paraphrase what you already have appropriately and then add a little tid bit about yourself.. The questions are fairly straightforward. Why MCG? Why do you want to be a doc.. What kind of practice do you see yourself in/ and or area you want to practice in... Good Luck

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads