Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allengal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got the secondary from the MCG in the mail today. They included a letter stating that they want applicants to print their AMCAS application and mail it in.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the info! :) :)

Originally posted by allengal:
•I just got the secondary from the MCG in the mail today. They included a letter stating that they want applicants to print their AMCAS application and mail it in.•

Just curious, does MCG require recommenders to use forms for the letters? I saw somewhere on the website that they did but not sure.

I used a premed committee that has already composed a letter. Am I supposed to go back to them now and tell them they have to fill out this thing also?

Members don't see this ad :)
Baylor I am not sure...I was wondering the same thing myself. I too have a pre-med committee and I had to have three people write me a recommendation and give it to the committee...I don't want to bother them again with using MCG's forms. I think I am going to call MCG tomorrow and ask them. I will let you know what I find out.

I just called MCG a few minutes ago. I talked to a lady there about the two personal references and the pre-med committee issue. She told me that the two personal references should be from employers, physicians, etc. She said even though pre-med committees are going to be sending in recommendations from those you asked for them from that you still have to submit the two other personal references and they should be different. Hope this made sense.