Medical College of Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tkehinde

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone still waiting on an interview invite like me? I've been complete since the last week in October and have not heard anything since. Should I be nervous at this time?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still waiting, complete in sept. I still have hope untill they send me a rejection letter.

Tkehinde said:
Is anyone still waiting on an interview invite like me? I've been complete since the last week in October and have not heard anything since. Should I be nervous at this time?

Same thing here too. I was complete by middle of october.

Members don't see this ad :)
This probably won't make you feel any better - I got an e-mail from MCO letting me know that my application was complete on 11/16. Got a snail mail today inviting me for an interview. I called and scheduled for the first available date of 1/13.

Good luck, guys! Hope you hear soon.

good luck guys, make sure you call them about your app status and show youre interested! i interviewed there back in october (and got an acceptance letter w/n 2 wks of the interview b/c they are mad fast!) so if u have any Qs about interviewing feel free to PM me. everyone was really nice but i had one guy ask me a series of controversial things. hope u hear from them soon! are all of u from ohio>?

acidhouse303 said:
make sure you call them about your app status and show youre interested!

I'll second that. I routinely chat with a MS-III at MCO. I hadn't heard from them after being complete for about 3 weeks, and she said it was time to call them - it let them know that you were still interested.

I haven't heard anything yet either.

Do they have certain times which you can call, or is it anytime?

PBMaxx said:
Do they have certain times which you can call, or is it anytime?

I would assume that you could call any time during normal office hours. The admissions phone # is 419-383-4229.

I think they might have gotten a bit behind. I interviewed Nov 4 and didn't get accepted until this last friday. I think the adcom meets on tue and I know that they just go straight through the apps in the order interviewed so I don't see why showing interest would particularly help...though I can't imagine that it would hurt either.

Just called MCO to check on my status. The lady said "Looks like the interview decision has still not been made. We have extended our interview period and will continue to interview 'till the 1st week in April so you should be hearing from us sometime between now and March."
Mind you, I have been completed since 10/29. The wait is killing me. +pity+

Tkehinde said:
Just called MCO to check on my status. The lady said "Looks like the interview decision has still not been made. We have extended our interview period and will continue to interview 'till the 1st week in April so you should be hearing from us sometime between now and March."
Mind you, I have been completed since 10/29. The wait is killing me. +pity+

Do they say how long (on average) it takes to review applications? You've only been complete for 6 weeks - during the period of time where schools experience the largest volume of applications. If you don't hear by mid January, then you might have cause for concern. Granted, students complete after you with stellar stats will probably get priortized in their review and receive and invite before most of the people complete in late Oct. Good luck.