Medical College of Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
X

X

I was just about to send in this secondary in and looked it up in the MSAR. I am an out of state resident and the book I have (2001-2002) says they only interviewed 107 people and accepted 13. Should I even apply or should I just save my money? Does anyone have the newest MSAR and can post the recent stats from that?
Anyone know the stats (GPA, MCAT) for people that got accepted out of state, or has any idea?

X

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have the specific info you're looking for but here's my take on applying from out of state (I'm also applying to some Michigan schools as a Ohio resident). I think the biggest factor assuming you get an interview is travelling expenses. If you can drive I say go for it. Ok so the initial AMCAS fee was $30 (already paid) and the secondary I guess is about $30. For a $60 you have another shoot at getting an acceptance letter. Now if you have to fly and spend $200-300 to get there the answer might lie in how strong you think your application is.

Hmm,

Well it isn't a drive away - well I guess it is but I would be driving for a long while, since I am in Cali. So probably will be about $300-400 for the interview. I am not sure what kind of stats a cali applicant would need to have to have a good shot there? Any idea?

X

You can fly into Toledo from the West Coast pretty cheap on ATA (www.ata.com)

joe