Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Medical College of Ohio

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BlackPuma, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Hiya

I got the secondary, and they have this silly essay question....I don't know what it is asking, and I don't even know how to answer it!!! Can someone please help :confused:

The Medical College of Ohio is committed to excellence in education which prepares graduatetes to deliver quality health care. Developing cultural competence is an important goal in our curriculum. Cultural competence is defined as an awareness, understanding and ability to use specific methods to deal effectively with cultural issues and its role in health and health care. Please describe a life experience in which you feel you demonstrated culrtural competence?

HUUUUHHH? Please help someone!! :(

2. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

It appears to be asking you...
    Do you have any experience with helping people who are not WASPs.

3. I'm not even white anglo saxon protestant!!!

ssheeesh....that question kind of scares me....are everyyone in that school red necks?! :oops:

lol :D

4. EMDrMoe

EMDrMoe Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    WatchaMaCallit, I think Scooby's right. I am working on the secondary also. My obvious guess is they're asking you if you've had any exposure to social/racial/economic groups other than your own (whatever that may be). They're probably not assuming you're white, either. If you were black and led a hard life, would you be able to deal with people from another "walk of life." I don't think they're rednecks, I think they're being pretty realistic. By the way, are you from Ohio? Good luck!!!!! Hope the essay writing gets easier (for both of us!!).

5. hi atc2md,

thanks for the help, u 2 scoobydoo

I am not from ohio, from San diego actually, and diversity is everywhere....

so that why I am somewhat baffled by this question? because this isn't even an issue here....

which makes me wonder, is ohio not diverse enough that they ask this kind of question from their residents? :confused:

6. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

Just answer the question! :)
    Ohio resident here...