1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Medical College of Ohio

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Pathologist, Dec 4, 2000.

1. Pathologist

Pathologist Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I have a question for anybody who can answer it [​IMG] Is the Medical College of Ohio a very good medical school? Are they hard to get into and what kind of scores/grades do you need? Thanks [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Pathologist (edited 12-04-2000).]

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mango

Mango Very Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Hey, a fellow Buckeye, right on [​IMG] !

Anyhow, I turned down my interview at MCO as I had already been accepted to my top choice schools. So I'm sorry I can't give you any first hand knowledge. I am a first year at Cincinnati now, and what I can give you is my opinion of how the Ohio med schools should be ranked, based on things like the relative selectivity of the schools, as well as the national rankings rankings. I added the ave. GPA and MCAT score beside each shcool.

1. Case Western (3.6/32)
    2. Cincinnati (3.6/30)
    3. Ohio State (3.6/30)
    4. MCO (3.5/28)
    5. NEOUCOM (3.6/28)
    6. Wright State (3.5/26)
    7. Ohio University (a DO school) (3.5/26)

You could probably say that OSU and UC are pretty much equal, but I feel UC wins out on specific details like our integrated curriculum, and hundreds of fourth year elective opertunities. I may be a bit biased though! [​IMG] I think MCO is a good school for sure, and have heard from many of my class mates that their fascilities are great. I put Wright and OU at the bottom due to stats, as well as the fact that neither school has its own hospital.

If you're interested in specifics on med schools, check out medschool.com's school profiles section. As an aside, just to make you feel better (not to blow my own horn), I was invited to interview at all seven of them, and was accepted to four of them with a GPA of 3.3 and MCAT of 30. I also had a hefty amount of patient care experience (which helped)!

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited 12-05-2000).]

4. Philoguru

Philoguru Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey, does anyone know anything about Memphis College of Medicine? I'm almost afraid to know... but that is my best shot for in-state. I will try, of course and ha ha ha, to get into Vanderbilt. I know that that is a good school, but I can't find a dang thing about Memphis. Anyone???

5. Oallostavros

Oallostavros Member
    7+ Year Member

Mango,

I graduated with 3.26 (CWRU) and 10, 11, 10 MCAT with research, extra, and clinical volunteer work, but I'm wondering what else you think really helped YOU out with getting into 4 of 7. I'm Ohio resident by the way. I have a Cinci interview on the 21st of October. Any tips? Cinci would be great for me. Also, which schools did you get into? Do you think secondary essays helped a lot? Thanks in advance.