• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

Ooops

15+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2004
Los Angeles
Status (Visible)
Is there a difference between the Priority alternate list and the regular alternate list at MCW? I know some schools like Columbia there is no difference.

clowne

Untitled
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2003
middle of nowhere
Status (Visible)
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I don't think MCW makes a distinction between a priority alternate list and a regular list. It's all just one list. I've also heard that there's a lot of waitlist movement there, so chances of ending up with an acceptance off the waitlist are pretty good.

leavesam

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2003
Status (Visible)
FYI, the receptionist I talked to told me that normally 50-80 percent of those on the alternate list get accepted.

donnyfire

streaker
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2003
The Land of Cheese and Beer
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I think if you make it to the waitlist at MCW, you have a pretty good chance of getting accepted.
I saw some numbers on this somewhere, but I can't find them right now. If I do, I'll post them,

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.