Medical College of Wisconsin branch campuses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MisterFutu

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I live in California and I am an ORM, mcat 29, cgpa 3.4 sgpa 3.55.

This college has two other branch campuses, and on the supplementary app, they give you an option to rank in priority which I would prefer. If I choose the two regional ones and not the main one, I have to do extra essays....
It seems that the regional one, however, is looking for someone who is interested in serving the underserved communities(which makes it seems like they will prefer those that have ties to the state)

I was wondering if I should just apply to the main campus and not the other two?
Or with my chances maybe I should apply to all the campuses?
Lastly, I was wondering if I should even apply to this school?

Members don't see this ad.

With your stats, it would be prudent to apply there. But now is quite late in the cycle. You're fine for DO programs and their cycle is longer. being a CA resident, consider Western (both) SOMA, AZCOM, PacNW, Touro-CA and TUNCOM.

This college has two other branch campuses, and on the supplementary app, they give you an option to rank in priority which I would prefer. If I choose the two regional ones and not the main one, I have to do extra essays....
It seems that the regional one, however, is looking for someone who is interested in serving the underserved communities(which makes it seems like they will prefer those that have ties to the state)

I was wondering if I should just apply to the main campus and not the other two?

Reactions: 1 user

It sounds like the purpose of the branch campuses is to fill the primary care physician shortage in rural areas of Wisconsin, particularly northern and central Wisconsin. I'm also guessing there's a preference for applicants from the area, or with strong ties to it, because they're more likely to stay and practice. If you don't plan on going into rural primary care in Wisconsin then it's probably not worth applying.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I definitely applied to the california D.O. schools. Recently recieved two interview invitations from two D.O. Schools! Woot!