1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Medical College of Wisconsin branch campuses

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by MisterFutu, Aug 17, 2015.

1. MisterFutu

MisterFutu Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I live in California and I am an ORM, mcat 29, cgpa 3.4 sgpa 3.55.

This college has two other branch campuses, and on the supplementary app, they give you an option to rank in priority which I would prefer. If I choose the two regional ones and not the main one, I have to do extra essays....
    It seems that the regional one, however, is looking for someone who is interested in serving the underserved communities(which makes it seems like they will prefer those that have ties to the state)

I was wondering if I should just apply to the main campus and not the other two?
    Or with my chances maybe I should apply to all the campuses?
    Lastly, I was wondering if I should even apply to this school?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Goro

Faculty 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    With your stats, it would be prudent to apply there. But now is quite late in the cycle. You're fine for DO programs and their cycle is longer. being a CA resident, consider Western (both) SOMA, AZCOM, PacNW, Touro-CA and TUNCOM.

MisterFutu likes this.
  4. Doctor Dream

Doctor Dream Eating the 5 pancakes
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    It sounds like the purpose of the branch campuses is to fill the primary care physician shortage in rural areas of Wisconsin, particularly northern and central Wisconsin. I'm also guessing there's a preference for applicants from the area, or with strong ties to it, because they're more likely to stay and practice. If you don't plan on going into rural primary care in Wisconsin then it's probably not worth applying.

MisterFutu likes this.
  5. MisterFutu

MisterFutu Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Thank you! I definitely applied to the california D.O. schools. Recently recieved two interview invitations from two D.O. Schools! Woot!