Medical College of Wisconsin class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks man!! great info!, can you tell me if any of the cutoffs for honors is above 90% for any of the classes (that you know of). thanks!

yes, like anatomy, but it's easier than a class like biochem

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, like anatomy, but it's easier than a class like biochem

And didn't CTB's honors cut off jump up from 94% for my class to 96% for your class because my class did so well and no one failed?

Also, I think that the clerkships have a total number of people that can get honors... that's what I was told at an orientation by a clerkship director a couple years ago.

as with most schools, incredibly difficult. In my class, 8 people got in, out of 200.

That sounds like Jr. AOA. Sr. AOA should already be picked by now, and there should be something like 20 people. It's the most obscure AOA thing in the country... writing essays, send in a resume with ALL community service you did in med school, everyone in the class can apply even if they're not eligible. Then monkeys pick names out of a hat.

as with most schools, incredibly difficult. In my class, 8 people got in, out of 200.

I'm shocked. how do so many people get elite residencies with only 8 AOA. that in itself is pretty impressive.

And didn't CTB's honors cut off jump up from 94% for my class to 96% for your class because my class did so well and no one failed?

Also, I think that the clerkships have a total number of people that can get honors... that's what I was told at an orientation by a clerkship director a couple years ago.

That sounds like Jr. AOA. Sr. AOA should already be picked by now, and there should be something like 20 people. It's the most obscure AOA thing in the country... writing essays, send in a resume with ALL community service you did in med school, everyone in the class can apply even if they're not eligible. Then monkeys pick names out of a hat.

You need to score 96 to get honors?!!!That is ridiculous. good Lord, must be a lot of geniuses or gunning at Wisconsin. sheesh

I don't think Senior AOA comes out in time for people to put it on their applications though. Junior AOA was just back in May, I think.

I'm shocked. how do so many people get elite residencies with only 8 AOA. that in itself is pretty impressive.

Well, there aren't very many spots for the most competitive residencies like derm and plastics. But, the others that are referred to as competitive don't require AOA.

Well, there aren't very many spots for the most competitive residencies like derm and plastics. But, the others that are referred to as competitive don't require AOA.

AOA would be sweet though, man, that would be a true honor

Reviving this thread with a great big sigh of relief.

Spring Break! Ahhhhhhhhh.

I slept a total of 6 hours this weekend - so Ive been catching up on a lot of things BA BAM! ;)

bumpity bump...wazzup to my peeps trolling SDN?

thread-resurrection.jpg

Last edited: