Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gower

1K Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Medical College of Wisconsin is offering a work-around for applicants applying to MCW. If you have submitted your AMCAS application or are having technical difficulties submitting your completed application:

1. You may expedite the MCW admission practice by printing your AMCAS application and submitting it to: Admissions, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Rd., Milwaukkee, WI 53226. MAKE A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS.

2. Along with the printed application you must submit copies of your MCAT dates and scores (all tests within the past 3 years).

3. Have OFFICIAL transcripts sent to MCW from ALL schools you have attended.

Upon receipt of the copy of the AMCAS application, MCW will send you a secondary application.

To have your application considered for admission to MCW, you must transmit an electronic application to AMCAS. Once MCW has received your completed application from AMCAS, MCW will verify the data you furnished MCW.

MCW's web-based application is completely secure.

Questions? 414 456 8246

Members don't see this ad.

Where did you get this info?

Will they wait until the AMCAS is submitted to review our application? Because I am not sure what the benefit is in that case.

OR

Will they just send everyone a secondary that sends in a copy of their AMCAS and then wait for the transmittal? Would you mind clarifying or directing us to where you got the info--URL etc.

Thanks for the post--I really appreciate it.

;)

Members don't see this ad :)
The message I posted was sent to premedical advisors on their Listserve. I copied it FYI just as MCW wrote it. I know nothing more than what is in the text of the message so I am unable to answer the questions being asked.

If your premedical advisor is a member of the national premedical advisors professional association, s/he would have received the same message. You might ask your advisor your questions.

Call or look at the MCW web site.

414 456 8246
www.mcw.edu/acad/admission

i'm wondering the same thing. MCW is on my list, but i'm not sure submitting everything is worth it anyway. our files can't be reviewed until AMCAS gets its act together and submits our apps.

maybe by having our secondary already on file once AMCAS submits the app will save us a week or two in comparison to people who wait for AMCAS to go through and receive the secondary then. but realistically this isn't that great of an advantage (if it is one at all) as many adcoms only meet every so often (i'm not sure how MCW does it). i think it is only going to create more confusion.

any thoughts?

Hi all-

My school. I really don't know how much of an advantage it will be, other than you may get first shot at interviews.

MCW will interview about 30 people every other Friday for 5 months, or about 600 people. Generally those that interview in the first ~300 slots (I'm guessing, I'm not on the admissions committee!) have the best chance at a straight-up acceptance. I know those that interview for a spot after March are usually interviewing for a waitlist position.

Out of state applicants that get an interview have a very good chance of acceptance (I'd say greater than 50%).

Oh, the adcom meets every two weeks (after the interview) and makes a decision on your file at that time.

MCW, from what I hear, has a reputation for being pretty on top of things. The few people I know who were accepted from them found out much sooner than other med schools. So if they are doing this now, it kinda makes me wonder . . . Does that mean this year we will find out our status from them like two months before other schools rather than one month? That certainly isn't much of an advantage, especially if MCW isn't at the very top of your list. Of course, if they work by rolling admissions, our chances of acceptance increase the earlier we submit.

Anyone hear differently?

Gower,
You're an amazing wealth of useful information! I'm glad to see posts like yours amidst the AMCAS stresses.

I second that kris,

Gower--Thanks a million for taking the time to post the above info--I appreciate it greatly!!! ;)

So there secondary doesn't have any more essay questions huh? :)
woohoo!

Hey all,

I'm glad that MCW is trying to make sure that the info they get from us is accurate, considering how disorganized AMCAS was.

I was wondering about an essay...is there any? That's kind of odd. I saw that MSTP students need to write an essay. But is there a place where they mention regular MD applicants need to write an essay? Thanks a bunch! Good luck all!

:cool:

No essay for MD candidates. Just a couple of forms to fill out. Painless.

I got a secondary in the mail already from MCW. Hasn't anybody else?

Word of advice. Somewhere on your application you need to indicate whether you are a Regular or Early Decision candidate. When I mailed in my AMCAS to MCW, I did not include the list of schools. They sent me an email yesterday saying they needed to know if I was Regular or Early. Good luck.