Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Sultan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know what the requirements are for Letters of recommendation for MCW? I looked on their website but it doesnt say. If u know, please post.

Peace

Members don't see this ad.

After talking to someone in the Admissions Department, this is what they emailed me:

"Last year the Admissions Committee accepted an average GPA of a 3.71, the MCAT's just under a 10 with an N in the writing sample."

I hope that helps! :clap:

hahaha, as for the letters of recommendation, what u actually asked for -- ummm...cant help u there, sorry :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey...

do you have an interview with MCW? I'm waiting for them and my app was completed in August. Wondering what the deal is...

:confused:

Originally posted by ucbdancn00
hey...

do you have an interview with MCW? I'm waiting for them and my app was completed in August. Wondering what the deal is...

:confused:

No, I was just planning on applying early decision there next year. So, i just wanted to know which professors i should ask to write me a recommendation.

Peace

Why are you applying Early Decision??? Sorry to snoop, but just curious (PM me if you would like, it is not necessary to answer).

LOR requirements are:

"Not all three types of letters are required. You can decide which type of letter you will be providing.

One Premedical Advisory Committee letter

A Packet of letters sent from your undergraduate institution (must include a letter from a Biology, Chemistry, or Physics classroom professor)

Two separate letters from classroom professors one of which must come fro the Biology, Chemistry or Physics Department."

Hope this helps. Good luck

I have an interview at MCOW on Nov. 15th and I am looking forward to it.

Cheers, WISC-ite

for people out of college MCW can be a pain as they require two LORs from undergrad if you're a recent college grad. My LOR selection was just fine for 19 other medical schools, but for MCW I would have had to petition and delay my app.