Medical College of Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by The Sultan, Oct 13, 2002.

1. The Sultan

The Sultan Member

Does anybody know what the requirements are for Letters of recommendation for MCW? I looked on their website but it doesnt say. If u know, please post.

Peace

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. full of hope

full of hope Junior Member

After talking to someone in the Admissions Department, this is what they emailed me:

"Last year the Admissions Committee accepted an average GPA of a 3.71, the MCAT's just under a 10 with an N in the writing sample."

I hope that helps! :clap:

4. full of hope

full of hope Junior Member

hahaha, as for the letters of recommendation, what u actually asked for -- ummm...cant help u there, sorry :rolleyes:

5. ucbdancn00

ucbdancn00 Senior Member

hey...

do you have an interview with MCW? I'm waiting for them and my app was completed in August. Wondering what the deal is...

:confused:

6. The Sultan

The Sultan Member

No, I was just planning on applying early decision there next year. So, i just wanted to know which professors i should ask to write me a recommendation.

Peace

7. WISC-ite

WISC-ite Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Why are you applying Early Decision??? Sorry to snoop, but just curious (PM me if you would like, it is not necessary to answer).

LOR requirements are:

"Not all three types of letters are required. You can decide which type of letter you will be providing.

One Premedical Advisory Committee letter

A Packet of letters sent from your undergraduate institution (must include a letter from a Biology, Chemistry, or Physics classroom professor)

Two separate letters from classroom professors one of which must come fro the Biology, Chemistry or Physics Department."

Hope this helps. Good luck

I have an interview at MCOW on Nov. 15th and I am looking forward to it.

Cheers, WISC-ite

8. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27

Resident [Any Field]
    for people out of college MCW can be a pain as they require two LORs from undergrad if you're a recent college grad. My LOR selection was just fine for 19 other medical schools, but for MCW I would have had to petition and delay my app.