The Sultan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Status
Does anybody know what the requirements are for Letters of recommendation for MCW? I looked on their website but it doesnt say. If u know, please post.

Peace

full of hope

15+ Year Member
May 22, 2002
Visit site
Status
After talking to someone in the Admissions Department, this is what they emailed me:

"Last year the Admissions Committee accepted an average GPA of a 3.71, the MCAT's just under a 10 with an N in the writing sample."

I hope that helps! :clap:

About the Ads
OP
T

The Sultan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by ucbdancn00
hey...

do you have an interview with MCW? I'm waiting for them and my app was completed in August. Wondering what the deal is...

:confused:
No, I was just planning on applying early decision there next year. So, i just wanted to know which professors i should ask to write me a recommendation.

Peace

WISC-ite

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2001
Left Coast
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Why are you applying Early Decision??? Sorry to snoop, but just curious (PM me if you would like, it is not necessary to answer).

LOR requirements are:

"Not all three types of letters are required. You can decide which type of letter you will be providing.

One Premedical Advisory Committee letter

A Packet of letters sent from your undergraduate institution (must include a letter from a Biology, Chemistry, or Physics classroom professor)

Two separate letters from classroom professors one of which must come fro the Biology, Chemistry or Physics Department."

Hope this helps. Good luck

I have an interview at MCOW on Nov. 15th and I am looking forward to it.

Cheers, WISC-ite

Adcadet

Long way from Gate 27
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
44 deg 1 min 11 sec N, 92 deg 28 min 55 sec W
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
for people out of college MCW can be a pain as they require two LORs from undergrad if you're a recent college grad. My LOR selection was just fine for 19 other medical schools, but for MCW I would have had to petition and delay my app.

About the Ads