blues

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Status
I really like the Mosby's Medical Dictionary. There are a few different versions. I have the truncated pictures version and have found everything I ever wanted to know so far.

Also, if you want more in depth information on diseases/treatment, I recommend the Lange books.

Blues

PrincessCKNY

Crown Royal Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2002
Philly
Visit site
Status
I bought the "Compact American Medical Dictionary" by the people that wrote the American Heritage Dictionaries. It seemed to do the trick for me when I took parasitology and anatomy as an undergrad. Unlike what the name says, it's the size of a normal paperback book. It also hs figures in the back.

About the Ads

mpp

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Stedman's

Join the AMA and you get the Stedman's Concise for free. Some medical schools will pay your AMA membership dues.

Random Access

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by mpp
Stedman's

Join the AMA and you get the Stedman's Concise for free. Some medical schools will pay your AMA membership dues.

Interesting and cool that some schools will pay...but the AMA doesn't represent doctors so well any more. Aren't less than 30% of doctors in the AMA?

-RA

Dr. J?

15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2002
In a van down by the river
N
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Physician's Desk Reference (PDR) puts one out that is pretty tight. It's got color pics, lab norms, etc.

About the Ads