Medical Equipment: OMT tables

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cliff

Reaction score
What is the story with OMT tables?

Do we have to buy them? any type better than others? price? &c?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I hope your school doesn't require students to buy their own OMT table. Usually the school will provide. Also, those tables are expensive too.

Having your own table is handy if you want to practice away from school or treat friends and family away from school. Mine cost about $400 fully assembled with a case. It's a Strong-Lite, which is a very good table. They make a table with special one inch, high density foam for osteopathic students. Most massage tables, at least by this company, have two inch foam that make it more difficult to perform many techniques. If you're very interested in OMT, I reccommend buying a table. The UAAO club at my school (UOMHS)holds a table sale every year. Club members get a twenty percent discount on the table, which more than makes up for the cost of dues.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah come on man. Not only that but you did it twice, and there is a classifieds section for this kind of stuff. Party foul. :thumbdown:

LOL. Awesome necro post is awesome. It's even better that it isn't even related to the topic.

Yeah come on man. Not only that but you did it twice, and there is a classifieds section for this kind of stuff. Party foul. :thumbdown:

three times actually. In the third one (s)he offered to lease an autoscope and ophthalmoscope for $50 a semester. these are his recession prices.

I think I'll stick with my otoscope, although an autoscope sounds rad too

I think I'll stick with my otoscope, although an autoscope sounds rad too

FOR REAL! i didn't even notice he spelled it like that..i just figured i'm a premed, what do i know lol

everybody should just grab their phone and call this guy non stop asking for an autoscope! lol