1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Medical Fraternities at Iowa and elsewhere

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by scottie, Mar 2, 2002.

1. scottie

scottie Member
    7+ Year Member

Anyone know the advantages/disadvantages of living at a medical school fraternity? I'm particularly interested if anyone knows anything about the two in Iowa City.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pre-hawkdoc

pre-hawkdoc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I know some people that live/have lived in the frat houses at Iowa. I don't know a lot, but I think that it's pretty much like a regular fraternity/sorority as far as living goes (except the coed part). I know that they have a house mom type person that cooks their meals and I'm pretty sure they have single rooms. I suppose you'd get to meet people that way, but I kinda get the impression that some of the people (at least the few that I know) are not real outgoing. I'm also not real keen on their location--it's not horrible, but there are many apt buildings that are considerably closer to campus (though I have no idea about cost comparison). I can try to find out some more info for you if you want.