Medical Internship?

longhorn41592

5+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2013
  1. Medical Student
    How much do you think participating in a medical internship would improve your application?
    Would it be a drastic or mild improvement?

For example: spending a month in a foreign country working in a hospital.

BABSstudent

Established Member
    7+ Year Member
    Oct 29, 2011
    Seattle
    1. Attending Physician
      How much do you think participating in a medical internship would improve your application?
      Would it be a drastic or mild improvement?

For example: spending a month in a foreign country working in a hospital.

I spent two months working in a foreign hospital and I talked a lot about it in my PS, as well as listing it as one of my most meaningful experiences.

That being said, I don't know if it did much. I got interviews at places my MCAT and GPA suggested I would. I guess the whole experience was something that sounds impressive to the normal people but to an adcom it isn't that great. However, I didn't do it for them, I did it for myself which is why I don't regret doing it. The language skills that I picked up seem to be the more positive thing that adcoms note.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.