'Medical Kidnapping' by Mayo Clinic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also at best the value of that CNN article is perhaps as a POV exploration of a difficult/troubled patient family.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Articles like this not only hurt the reputation of Mayo clinic but also strain the trust between patients and doctors nationwide. These kinds of acts should be treated seriously.

Don't feel too bad for Mayo. They do amazing things for patients but there's shady stuff that goes on there, too. They'll be fine.

I'd argue this was handled poorly on both sides.

And the media, yeah, whatever happened to journalistic integrity? I like NPR and was surprised by throrough detailed articles when Al Jazeera America was a thing. BBC used to be decent.

But I was at my grandma's watching some national geographic shows on sharks and was getting incredibly peaved at how much sensationalizing they were doing of everything. So now not even my favorite educational channels are safe. :cryi:

Reactions: 1 user
And the media, yeah, whatever happened to journalistic integrity? I like NPR and was surprised by throrough detailed articles when Al Jazeera America was a thing. BBC used to be decent.

The Economist is a good source of news. Their articles are based on facts and data, and they make compelling arguments on various issues. They have a classical liberal bias but their journalistic integrity is generally good.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess this is what news looks like in a post-Trump era.

"World class mayo won't disclose the secret sauce, what is it hiding?"
"World class mayo commits HIPAA violation by leaking information! Is your information safe!?"

I hear ya. I had a lot of trouble concentrating on this articles. As a physician, I was scared thinking about that one overnight trick to cure diabetes. To top that off, I’m also furious to learn about that new rule in my area for drivers and saving money on their car insurance. :(

Reactions: 5 users
I hear ya. I had a lot of trouble concentrating on this articles. As a physician, I was scared thinking about that one overnight trick to cure diabetes. To top that off, I’m also furious to learn about that new rule in my area for drivers and saving money on their car insurance. :(
Underrated comment lmaooooooooo :bow:

Reactions: 1 users