Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Medical Latin Guides?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kmy, Dec 11, 2001.

1. kmy

kmy Member
    7+ Year Member

I was talking with a friend of mine who is a first year at Columbia, she told me that the best thing I could do now to prep for first year in med school is to learn a few latin roots every day. She said knowing some of the ones relevant to medicine would be INCREDIBLY helpful when trying to memorize all the anatomy structures. I know that Columbia has a super intensive anatomy curriculum, so maybe its overkill since Im not going there, but I thought it was a good idea and something that would be usefull even for a non-medical person. Can anyone suggest any books or guides or resources????
    Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. EMDrMoe

EMDrMoe Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey there :)

No, it won't be overkill - it will be VERY helpful. I was studying with a first year at MCO and she was having a lot of trouble remembering words because it was like learning a language. Maybe a medical terminology book based on Latin roots would be good. I know it will make things a lot easier next year if that's under your belt.

Talk to you soon!!! ;)

4. isa

isa Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Here's a website that might help:

<a href="http://www.swt.edu/slac/gre/GREVERBAL.HTML" target="_blank">http://www.swt.edu/slac/gre/GREVERBAL.HTML</a>

It's not medically-related or anything, but I hope it's useful.