Medical Licensure Delay Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wilberforce72

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, all. Applied for a WA state license back in April. The wording on their website states that applicants will be assigned a case manager and contacted to let them know of progress. Haven't heard from anyone. Tried calling, says to leave a message, but I've done that every few weeks for the last 2 months and still haven't heard from anyone. I get that COVID has wrecked stuff, but to have absolutely 0 contact with applying physicians (and their hospital) during this time seems extremely troubling. Anyone else applied for a license recently? How long did it take? Any other suggestions on steps to take?

Members don't see this ad.

If there are no red flags, call and e-mail every day. They may not like it, but they can't do anything about it other than to answer and move your application forward. If there is some red flag, an attorney could likely get them to speed up without it being a negative to you

No red flags. Was already licensed in the state where I did fellowship. Friends and the hospital recommended calling every week which I did, only to leave messages and never receive calls back for 2 months. I ended up emailing the sensor and congressmen in my district. The next day license went thru after an aide to the senator contacted me. Thanks, democracy!

Reactions: 1 users
No red flags. Was already licensed in the state where I did fellowship. Friends and the hospital recommended calling every week which I did, only to leave messages and never receive calls back for 2 months. I ended up emailing the sensor and congressmen in my district. The next day license went thru after an aide to the senator contacted me. Thanks, democracy!
Glad to hear things turned out well. I will keep that card in my back pocket just in case something like this happens

Reactions: 1 user