• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

j802002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2002
Visit site
Status
Hi everyone,

I need to purchase Medical Malpractice insurance for a 4 week elective in NY state. I am covered by my school for all other electives, just need it for 4 weeks in NY. Any advice, guidance, ideas of how much I should be prepared to pay?

Thanks,
J

Miklos

15+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2003
Status
Resident [Any Field]
j802002 said:
Hi everyone,

I need to purchase Medical Malpractice insurance for a 4 week elective in NY state. I am covered by my school for all other electives, just need it for 4 weeks in NY. Any advice, guidance, ideas of how much I should be prepared to pay?

Thanks,
J
Good luck trying to buy it independently. (If you find a place that will sell to you independently, let us know.)

As your school is not covering, see if you can get it through the place you are visiting.

Winged Scapula

Cougariffic!
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2000
forums.studentdoctor.net
Status
Attending Physician
Miklos is correct. This is a frequently asked question here and as long as I can remember, no one has been able to find inexpensive medical malpractice insurance to purchase.

See if the school you are rotating at will offer it to you; otherwise you might try someplace else. Many places will offer it at a small fee to you.

About the Ads