Medical Office Assistant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FirefighterDoc

MS-4
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was searching a little bit, but haven't found much on peoples opinions about this. I had been looking for another job because now that summer is over i wont be getting as many shifts at the fire department. I currently do work two 10 hour p.m. shifts in an ER, but i was looking into a medical assistant job with an internist not too far from me.

Im more than fine with clinical experience considering ive worked in a few hospitals already, i just think the more intimate experience working with one physician might benefit me more. Not to mention the position allows me to draw blood again ( cant do it anymore at the new ER gig im at).

Has anyone had a job like this? How did you like it?

Members don't see this ad.

I currently work at an allergy and immunology clinic as a medical assistant. It's an amazing job that will give you lots of hands on experience. However, be prepared to put in hard work. We are often swamped with patients, testing, and shots. Nonetheless, I say go for it.