Medical practice in Europe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swing

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I would be able to get info on medical practice (salaries, hours, licensure requirements, citizenship issues, etc.) in European countries? I am particularly interested in the U.K. and Switzerland.

I am a current U.S. med student, but with the way things are going on a number of fronts in this country, I am interested in at least gathering info on possible practice elsewhere. It's not so much the medical practice climate here, but rather the draconian current administration and its fascination with waging war. Of course, this may all change over the next few years, but one cannot make good decisions without info.

My sincere thanks to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Was an FP resident moonlighting in our clinic recently-married to a woman whose dad is FP in Austria. VERY difficult to break into medical practice in that country-I believe it is the same for much of the Continent. My partner just left a month or two ago to go back to Germany to work on a U.S. military base-he had done that in the past. So, working for the U.S. gov't in European culture. His wife is also from Dresden. Also, a guy working in our urgent care section came over from Britain years ago-not sure what he knows about current mechanics of getting started over there, but I'll ask him. I'll try to get e-mail address for my former partner if you're interested.

Thank you - I would be interested in finding out more!