Medical profession

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HealingDawg

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
An Asian student having studied in US for his high school, ( only 11th and 12th grade ) got advise from a very ambitious relative to get into a medical program at St kitts. The school's standing at American hospitals are not known. It seemed that they conduct classes for 1st USMLE in some where in Illinois at a relatively downgraded hotel. The candidate we know of has no college credits and have been accepted at the St kitts medical school.He is just 17 years old , I felt that considering his age and availability of resources , he could have at least earned 70 to 80 college credits. I have coveyed this to the concerned parents who are some where in an Asian country ( their origin is India! )
and they said that they dont like the American way and their son wants to earn an Md with the shortest available time and they even belive that their children work an live in US. How surprising is this to have this kind of thinking that all american students have very low understanding of knowledge , and thats why they want their son to skip pre med college credits and get into MD and work here too !!!
Please send your views on these kind of future Doctors working in US or Elswhere !
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

HealingDawg said:
An Asian student having studied in US for his high school, ( only 11th and 12th grade ) got advise from a very ambitious relative to get into a medical program at St kitts. The school's standing at American hospitals are not known. It seemed that they conduct classes for 1st USMLE in some where in Illinois at a relatively downgraded hotel. The candidate we know of has no college credits and have been accepted at the St kitts medical school.He is just 17 years old , I felt that considering his age and availability of resources , he could have at least earned 70 to 80 college credits. I have coveyed this to the concerned parents who are some where in an Asian country ( their origin is India! )
and they said that they dont like the American way and their son wants to earn an Md with the shortest available time and they even belive that their children work an live in US. How surprising is this to have this kind of thinking that all american students have very low understanding of knowledge , and thats why they want their son to skip pre med college credits and get into MD and work here too !!!
Please send your views on these kind of future Doctors working in US or Elswhere !
Thanks

:confused:

Well, I would have liked to have started med school 10 -15 yearsa ago, but I know that I'd be doing my future patients an injustice. I like my chances once I'm accepted, graduated etc.