Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

MEDICAL SCHOOL ACCEPTANCES!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Wasabi, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member

Hello all!

Please post all acceptances here! I'm interested in knowing where everyone may be attending for the year of 2002.

Wasabi :D

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FrogRacer

FrogRacer Junior Member

TCOM - 2002 !

4. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member

Hey FrogRacer,

Congratulations on your early acceptance!! Is TCOM your first choice? How did the interview go for you and did you like what you saw during their campus tour?

Wasabi

5. luckyduck

luckyduck Member

Medical Student
    OUCOM-2002

6. timler

timler Junior Member

OUCOM-2002 (2) [interview date 10/2 accepted 10/3]

7. FrogRacer

FrogRacer Junior Member

Wasabi, The TCOM interview went very well. They have a terrific Admissions office. I went through their Early Decision Program, so TCOM was my one-and-only choice. I'm so glad it worked out. Also, lots of construction going on while I was there. New parking garage, and some building updates. I also hear that the anatomy lab will be getting new "monitors" at each cadaver station...just thought I'd throw that in.

8. Sugar72

Sugar72 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi,
    AZCOM sent out their acceptance letters for the first batch of interviews, I got mine yesterday. Did anyone else out there interview on 9/20? I am still going to go to an interview at TUCOM, but I am going to cancel my other interviews...I really liked AZCOM. Good luck everyone!

9. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Hello All, I got my first acceptance today!! I was accepted at AZCOM (interviewed on 9/21). Best of luck to all of you who are waiting (I checked the mail about ten times today because I was sure it was coming). Congratulations to those of you above who are already accepted! It's great to finally stop holding my breath (it's been a three year process). :D :D :D Keep those good news posts coming!!! :D

10. Gator

Gator Member

CONGRATS LIZ!!!! I HOPE THAT YOU ARE STILL KEEPING YOUR OPTIONS OPEN. :D

11. MedPuck

MedPuck Made

Congrats Liz! I too have joined your ranks as an AZCOM acceptee. I am so excited and honored! :D

12. KDocGirl

KDocGirl Senior Member

I was so excited and eager to get to my mailbox since I've heard that "they" are coming. I got into AZCOM! I interviewed on 9/20. (congrats sugar72, I remember talking to you :p ) Good luck to everyone! I know we worked so hard to get to this point.

13. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Congrats MedPuck!!! Glad to hear it. How are the "others" going? Hope you are doing well.

Gator- don't worry, I'll still see you in San Fran in a little less than two weeks (can you believe it). Besides, you know where my heart is.... see you soon! :)

14. Sugar72

Sugar72 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Congratulations everyone. Although I am really an optimist by nature...What were the things that everyone didn't like about AZCOM?
    The only thing I didn't really like was the fact that it is the desert. It would be really helpful if some of the more experienced interviewees could point out some things.

Cali girl...did you ever get in touch with TUCOM? I'll be there on monday...maybe I will see you there.

15. KDocGirl

KDocGirl Senior Member

sugar 72 - guess what? I'll be there on Monday too! At least we will have a familiar face on the panel. As for your question on AZCOM, I really liked the campus, probably the only thing that will take some getting used to is the fact that it can get to 105 deg in some months. I just came back from Kirksville, and what a totally different atmosphere. It very laid-back there and rural. It has a peaceful, small-town feeling, and the faculty and admissions staff are super nice. See ya at TUCOM!

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Sugar,
    I've been to NOVA and LECOM besides AZCOM and the only thing about AZCOM that I'm not sure of is the weather. I'm not sure that I could deal with that climate for four years (although I would if it meant med school). I really liked the program, especially the way the preceptorship was arranged, and also the on-campus and close to campus housing that they have. They presented their school really well and the financial aid presentation was the best one I've seen yet. Hope this helps. Good luck at TUCOM, I'll be there a week after you guys. :)

18. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member

Hello all, I got my first acceptance at KCOM today! I was interviewed Monday and just received the good news over the phone! Good luck to everyone else interviewing at KCOM! It was a great experience.

19. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Congratulations Wasabi!!! :D

20. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member

Hey all, this question goes to all members who have been accepted by AZCOM this year. How long does it take them to respond after the date of your interview?

I just interviewed at AZCOM yesterday, and I must say that I was really impressed with the facilities and the students! For all those who will be interviewing at AZCOM in the future, my advice is to relax and enjoy the interview. They really make an effort to make you feel comfortable and you most likely won't expect any unusual questions related to kitchen appliances and such! It was a great experience!!

Wasabi

21. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Wasabi,
    My acceptance letter was dated a week after I interviewed, I got it just over two weeks after (but there was a holiday in between). Best of luck! I too was very impressed by AZCOM. :)

22. algae

algae Senior Member

Yahoo! I got into UNECOM!!!!

23. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Congratulations algae!!! Is it still your first choice? :D :D :D I'm so happy for you! That means that I should be hearing from them soon.... Congrats again!!! :D :D

24. SunnyOne

SunnyOne Member

.....got acceptance letter today from DMU. Good luck, everyone!

25. Claymore

Claymore Yankees Suck

Resident [Any Field]
    Accepted at Nova.

26. realruby2000

realruby2000 Senior Member

hey premeddac,

congrats! when did you interview?

27. algae

algae Senior Member

Hi Palcaregrl - UNE is still my first choice and I am 100% certain that's where I'l go. From what you've written, you had a bad experience there? I was incredible impressed with what I saw at UNE! Good luck to you!

28. titan

titan Senior Member

SunnyOne,

Congrats! When did you interview at DMU??? Thanks!

29. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member

algae, congratulations on your acceptance at UNECOM! it was nice meeting you at azcom and i wish you the best of luck next year! :D

30. Ohiobuddhist

Ohiobuddhist Member

OU-COM 2002! [Interviewed Oct. 16, accepted 18th]

31. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I'm going NOVA guys!!! Yippie!!!! :D :D :D

algae- I didn't really have a bad experience at UNECOM, it just didn't measure up to my expectations and I was more impressed by other schools. I was disappointed because I wanted to go there for so long. I'm not too upset though (I haven't even found out my status yet) because I LOVED Nova and I found out I was accepted today! Best of luck to you! :D

32. Amra

Amra A Quiet Voice of Reason

:D :D :D CONGRADULATIONS :D :D :D

How good does that acceptance candy taste?? :p

-A

33. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Amra, it's the best I've ever had :) he he he. Hope you get to eat your soon! :D

34. Smokey223

Smokey223 Member

Congrats PCG! From all your previous posts, it seemed that NOVA was really in your heart! Way to Go!!! :)

35. Amra

PCG: It is... I'm eating it now.. I got accepted!!!! :D :D :D

36. mmpp

mmpp Member

Congratualtions all you acceptees (is that a word?)Hope to join you soon.
    :)
    Amra, where are you accepted?

37. MedPuck

MedPuck Made

Received a DMU acceptance after returning from my CCOM interview. What a good day! :D

38. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    MedPuck- Congratulations!!! Now you'll just have to choose between ALL of the schools that want you so badly. :) Best of luck with CCOM and the other Chi-town schools! :D Make your wife take you out to dinner or something....

Amra- Congratulations! Success is so sweet (so is the candy). :D

Congrats to everyone else who has been accepted! Best of luck to everyone else who is waiting/interviewing... we're pulling for you! :)

39. The Falconer

The Falconer Member

I got into COMP! I received my acceptance yesterday via certified mail!! I'm a happy camper!! Best of luck to all who are still waiting!!!!

40. KDocGirl

KDocGirl Senior Member

just got KCOM, although I know I could have called them earlier. It's much more exciting to wait for snail mail though. ;)

41. Smokey223

Smokey223 Member

Hi! I just got accepted to UNECOM!!! Yay! Someone said the letters come via certified mail, so I thought it was a rejection...thankfully it's not! :D Now I can breathe...

FYI, interviewed 10/11, accepted 10/19 :D :D :D

42. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Smokey- same here! I got my UNECOM acceptance today but it wasn't certified. I also got LECOM (I guess they're not waiting until November 15th like they told us). Congrats to all of you getting into schools! Now we just have to wait impatiently for about ten months for school to start... :D not that I'm complaining.... :D

43. Amra

PCG: There is some strange parallelism going on here... I got my acceptance to LECOM today also... have you decided between LECOM an NOVA yet? :p

Is there really a 10 day turnaround at COMP? I interviewed there on 10/12 so theorectically, I should be getting notificiation this week....?

-A

44. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Amra - that's going to be a tough one...I might even lose sleep over it (warning: read with extreme sarcasm), but I think I'll probably have to go with Nova :rolleyes:

How about you? Though choice also? :D

45. kennyG

kennyG Junior Member

CONGRATS to everyone that got in....now here is the 65 thousand dollar question...with everyone that got in...if you all don't mind please tell us DO hopefuls what your GPA was and MCAT and what your Science GPA was....what your degree was in....THANKS AGAIN...AND GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES...I get a lot of valuable information from this site....... :eek:

46. algae

algae Senior Member

hi kenny g - a week ago I would have probably been interested in the same thing (i.e. stats of people who got in) but I have since been accepted to my top choice school and I can see how meaningless it is to compare stats. My undergrad years were a complete fiasco, and while I went on to do a grad degree with good grades, my overall gpa is still very low. Thus, a gpa can represent many things - a slow start that got better or a consistently mediocre performance. Just focus on your own situation rather than compare yourself to others! Good luck!

47. Amra

PCG-

Can you drop me an email? There are somethings I'd like to ask you about NOVA that I'd prefer to ask in email... My addy is [email protected] . Thanks in advance!

-Brian

48. asilvey

asilvey Member

For all of you receiving acceptances, could you post the date of your interview as well? Especially you LECOM acceptees! Thanks...

49. Amra

:eek: :eek: :eek: Got my COMP Acceptance today! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I interviewed at LECOM on Friday 10/5 received acceptance on Saturday 10/20. Now that I think about that.. that IS fast...

-A

50. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Amra- congrats on COMP! :D :D :D

Nova: interview 9/24 acceptance (via phone): 10/18 (will get letter this week)

LECOM: interview 10/1, acceptance 10/20 (though were told no letters would go out until after 11/15, but they changed their minds I guess)

UNECOM: interview 10/13, acceptance 10/20

AZCOM: interview 9/21, acceptance 10/9

Best of luck to everyone! Congrats to everyone too! :)

51. titan

titan Senior Member

Received an acceptance letter from DMU today!! :)

I interviewed on 10/11.......

52. realruby2000

realruby2000 Senior Member

congrats everyone.... I hope to hear from NOVA soon..... anyone mind sharing their stats too?