Medical Medical School Admissions Consulting & Editing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you know that the earlier you apply to med school, the greater your chances are of gaining admission? While you don’t want to rush your application or compromise on quality, your chances are so much better if you submit early in the summer than late in the summer or in the fall.

Need more advice on your med application? Need guidance on how to best present yourself in your essays and beat your competition? Accepted.com can help you! We’ve helped thousands of medical school applicants gain acceptance to top med schools since 1994. Our consultants bring decades of med school admissions experience to the table and look forward to helping you reach your med school dreams!

Here are some of the services we offer med school applicants:

1) Comprehensive AMCAS & Secondary Application Packages
2) Essay Review & Editing
3) Interview Preparation
4) Admissions Consulting

Are there any medical school application and admissions questions we can help you with?

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted.com will be giving away one hour of Admissions Consulting to one lucky member!

Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Good luck :)

Would this consulting session include an opportunity get constructive criticism on the personal statement?

Would this consulting session include an opportunity get constructive criticism on the personal statement?

Sure. If you win and would like to use your hour for a personal statement critique and perhaps a little editing too, that's fine.

Thanks for posting your question.

Linda

Members don't see this ad :)
What has been the success rate of applicants that have applied with your help?

How much does each package cost? what is the successful rate of your clients?

Do you have any experience on how to deal with lower GPA transfer credits? I am looking for some advise on how to address this issue. I have a really high GPS since returning to school, but lower when I first began my education.

Dear Dr.DashInd and coldtse888,

We have a variety of services and price points. Our catalog of medical school admissions services is online so you can review it. We are also happy to discuss our services and your particular situation. You can even request a consultation with Rebecca, who has been responding to a lot of questions here and has been helping medical school applicants for approximately eight years both at Accepted and at UCLA's Scholarship Center, or you can review our other consultants'' bios and request to work with someone else.

We often don't know the outcome so I can't give a firm number. But I suggest you look at feedback from clients who worked with us on medical school and other healthcare applications.

Best,
Linda

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Do you have any experience on how to deal with lower GPA transfer credits? I am looking for some advise on how to address this issue. I have a really high GPS since returning to school, but lower when I first began my education.
Dear rbraunberger,

We have had experience with this. If you have a strong MCAT and strong science GPA in upper division classes, those two factors will go a long way to mitigate the lower GPA from the first two years. Basically somewhere you need to show you can do the work.

Best,
Linda

May I ask what are the qualifications of your editors?

May I ask what are the qualifications of your editors?
Kinking,

Thanks for asking! Here are the summary bios of the consultants who work with med school, residency, and health care applicants. They all have at least 5 years of experience in med school admissions or med admissions consulting. More detailed bios and client feedback, as well as the means to contact any one of them individually, are provided if you click through.

Alicia Nimonkar: Alicia worked for 5 years as Student Advisor at UC Davis' postbac program where she both evaluated applications and advised students applying successfully to med school and related programs. Currently pursuing MA in Composition and Rhetoric.

Cydney Foote: Extensive experience since 2001 with MBA, medical, and residency applicants. Previously, Cyd worked in administration at UW and with fellowship admissions committees.

Dr. Rebecca Blustein: Rebecca has experience editing application and scholarship essays at UCLA's Scholarship Resource Center prior to coming to Accepted.com in 2008. Since then she has served happy clients to a broad variety of healthcare and graduate programs.

Dr. Sheryl Neuman: Sheryl has an MD, MPH from UCLA and served as a student interviewer at UCLA Medical School. Her expertise is in medical school admissions and editing.

Cindy Tokumitsu and Whitney Bruce also work with our pre-meds.

Best,
Linda