Medical School App SCHOLARSHIP!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Don

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
and no you don't need to be a minority to apply, just to have shown commitment to underserved health care. Application is very easy! Deadline has been extended to MAY 31ST! Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• SiSePuede2006Application.doc
    57 KB · Views: 534
This thing looks GREAT!! Why could I have not found this a year ago lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes You Can!!!

:thumbup:

want some easy money then apply! Deadline is May 31st. 5 Scholarships are being given out!

bump
Dr. Don said:
:thumbup:

want some easy money then apply! Deadline is May 31st. 5 Scholarships are being given out!

well besides bumping this thread I also wanted to attach an email that was sent out by a prospective applicant and my responses to it, so that hopefully it may clear some concerns that other applicants may have.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXXX

I am very excited to apply for the 2006 LSMA scholarship. There are two
questions I have concerning the application.

1. My letter writer wanted to send the letter themselves, do I not qualify
if they do not send it out by the 31st of May?

2. I will not be ready to submit my AAMC application until the 16th of
June so am I not eligible to receive the scholarship because I don't have
the receipts until after the deadline?

Thank you for your time,

My response:

Hi XXXXXXX, thank you for inquiring about the LMSA Scholarship! To answer your questions:

1. The letter writer can choose to email it to me directly at this email address [email protected] or if he prefers to mail it in, he can do so at the address in the application packet-BEFORE MAY 31st.

2. Final decisions on who the recipients of the scholarships will be will most likely not be made until the end of June.

My advice to you is to send in your application, letter(s) of rec, financial aid forms, and other supporting documents BEFORE May 31st, and I'll make a note on your file stating that the AMCAS/AACOMAS receipts will be turned in around June 16th (if you can, express mail a copy of your receipts to me at the address above). This way the scholarship committee will have already reviewed your file and if you win, then all we would need to write you a check is a copy of your receipts. Hope this answers your questions and if others come up, feel free to email me again. Take care and good luck!

P.S. If your professors are giving you a hard time about not being able to turn in the letter(s) of rec by May 31st, we can work something out, but I STRONGLY recommend that you get them in before the due date.

only 2 more days until the deadline! If you have any questions or can't get in all the supporting documents in before the 31st contact me and we can work something out, BUT to be at least considered you must turn in your APPLICATION before the 31st! Good luck!