1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Medical School Applicant Help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by medname, May 25, 2002.

1. medname

medname Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello new medical applicants-

I just wanted to write a note to all of you that are applying to medical school for the next year and are starting the process. I am not going to give exact details because many might disagree with my opinions and my purpose is not to start a debate about the best way to get into medical school.

Take the MCAT: Do your best and smile
    Fill out the AMCAS: Do your best and smile
    Fill out the individual school applications: Do your best and smile
    Go to the interview: Do your best and smile

Yes, grades are important, extracurricular activities are looked at, and applying to medical school is competitive. But remember, just do your best and see what happens. Getting stressed out will not do much for you but take you down. Remember that you need to enjoy life and make the best of it at all times.

Be yourself and develop what you have to offer a school. Make yourself different by doing what you enjoy and letting the admissions people know it. Don't forget that you are the person that is going to medical school, paying the money, working your tail off, and making many sacrifices. If you do your best and are focussed on your goals, you will be successful.

It far easier to just concentrate on being the best person and candidate that you can be than to try to beat your neighbor on every test or out-volunteer the next.

Best wishes as you apply to medical school. Do your best and smile.

Dan

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jameson

Jameson Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Dan; I am sure your words will come in handy in the ensuing months.
    Jameson