Medical School Comparison to Minn-TC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I was wondering what your thoughts were on
Minnesota-Twin Cities as compared to Ut-Southwestern, U Chicago-Pritzker, Cornell, Wake Forest

If you could give me your rankings and why I would appreciate it...oh and not only based on the US news rankings...

Do you think it really makes a difference in which of the above you go to...is there a best choice assuming all tuition is the same?

If one was to choose Minnesota-TC over the other schools listed would it be a big mistake?

Members don't see this ad.

Minnesota-Twin Cities as compared to Ut-Southwestern, U Chicago-Pritzker, Cornell, Wake Forest

If you could give me your rankings and why I would appreciate it...oh and not only based on the US news rankings...

Do you think it really makes a difference in which of the above you go to...is there a best choice assuming all tuition is the same?

If one was to choose Minnesota-TC over the other schools listed would it be a big mistake?

to be honest, medical school is medical school. go where you feel most comfortable. Unless you want an uber competitive residency i dont think it matters much. But on that list, Pritzker is probably the best followed by cornell and then wake. dont know much about the others.

Coming from a very unbiased source ;) , I'd say Minnesota is definitely the best. The U of MN-TC Medical school has amazing research opportunities, facilities, and overall campus area. We got two hospitals on campus as well.
Also, the Minneapolis-St-Paul area is amazing in terms of culture, diversity, and in terms of finding stuff to do when you're not in the library.

Seriously though, go wherever you feel like you would fit in.