Medical School Experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I am choosing which medical schools to apply to now. I was wondering if SDNers already in medical school and those who have visited some medical schools could please tell me about their experiences. I am a NY resident and I am currently really interested in Cornell, U Rochester, Harvard, Hopkins, and especially UPenn (I may apply early decision because I really love it). I am also interested in most east coast schools, Duke, Yale, and Stanford. Thank you for any information. I want to congratulate all accepted SDNers and wish much luck to all waiting. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by mpp
I think the most important thing to know is that Stanford is on the west coast.

:laugh: :laugh: :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by mpp
I think the most important thing to know is that Stanford is on the west coast.

;) :laugh: :clap:

Apply to SUNY Buffalo. I was there earlier this week... it's a nice place, the students are a really nice bunch, and the facilities are pretty good. And since you're in-state, you've got a leg up. A lot cheaper than private schools, too.

-Naphtali

Not to be a jerk but I (we) are not going to answer your every question. If you want to know about particular schools then PM the people that have interview/been accepted there.

If you want to know the plusses and minusses of each school then look at the positive/negatives on the interview feedback page.

Its not that I (we) don't want to help you - its just that you should get off your lazy ass and do a little research before you ask us to comment on a blanket statement for 8 schools.

Just trying to straighten this SDN world out help the newbie riff-raff.

I think most SDNers would be happy to answer your questions DRJ2B but it's tough to answer very open ended questions - we simply can't say everything about all schools on the east coast plus Stanford.

If you could be more specific about what exactly you want to know about I am sure many people will jump to share their opinions.

and welcome to SDN ;)

Originally posted by tryingagain
Its not that I (we) don't want to help you - its just that you should get off your lazy ass and do a little research before you ask us to comment on a blanket statement for 8 schools.

Just trying to straighten this SDN world out help the newbie riff-raff.

it's a lost cause. but thanks for trying.

hey--

hopkins is awesome. as a first year, i didn't expect to be able to be respected as much as i have been in the medical community here. just last week i was watching dr. ben carson do neurosurgery, and then the next day i was setting up a time to meet with dr. burke (who's on a task force to deal w/ the smallpox threat). there are leaders in every field here, and they all take time out to teach you, meet with you, its amazing. and my classmates are awesome too...

tryingagain-- i'm sorry, but you are rude (calling someone a "lazy ass" when they are new to the board and don't know how it functions yet is unacceptable). perhaps it would be best to offer constructive criticism in a way that the other person accepts/internalizes it.

and its not just you, its a trend in this board for people simply throwing a smack down on people. sdn is becoming less of a community and more of a free-for-all of premeds trying to prove how witty and cool they are. give me a break.

enough of my rambling, time to memorize the cranial nerves...

remain well,
swaroop
hopkins, ms I

Hey all!

Thanks to every one who replied and said something of value. I do know Stanford is on the west coast, but that was funny. :laugh: I am particularly interested in UPenn, Cornell, Harvard, and Hopkins. I just do not want to pigeonhole myself because there are so many great medical schools out there. I have checked interview feedback on many schools, but I would like to hear some more information and opinions on medical schools. I apologize for not knowing to PM everyone specifically because I do not know where everyone goes to medical school and I am new to SDN. I will PM people that reply to the thread for any details which was my plan from the beginning. Thanks again to every one who replied with helpful information.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

not to be flippant, but use the search button.
there is so much good stuff out there that it'll take you days. believe me.

Why are you choosing now? You have until June! Believe me, if you stay a regular on SDN, you will know plenty by then. Your first step should be to order the MSAR (Medical School Admssions Requirements -- available on-line from AAMC). And check out the websites of all the schools you're interested in as well as utilizing the SDN search function. Let me add my welcome to the boy wonder's. :)