Medical school filters - know any?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firebird69guy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't kept up with this forum, but am wondering if any of you know of the actual numbers (MCAT, GPA, etc) that are used in these filters that you speak of (i.e. the Georgetown story).

For instance, I have heard that Duke will not even look at an application if you have a C on your record.. don't know how believable this is, but have wondered what you guys have heard.... am applying this year (2005).

I don't plan on giving these schools 100 bucks if they won't even look at my application!!! How can I find out?

Members don't see this ad.

firebird69guy said:
For instance, I have heard that Duke will not even look at an application if you have a C on your record.. don't know how believable this is, but have wondered what you guys have heard.... am applying this year (2005).

Not true. They interviewed me, and I have several C's as well as a D and a bunch of F's.

beep said:
Not true. They interviewed me, and I have several C's as well as a D and a bunch of F's.

Thanks for the quick response, I guess that debunks the rumor. =)

Members don't see this ad :)
umm i think that dude might be lying, "bunch of f's" cmon firebird, you aren't that naive are you?

vikaskoth said:
umm i think that dude might be lying, "bunch of f's" cmon firebird, you aren't that naive are you?

Not sure.. but who knows? It could be true.. in this game, sometimes minority rules..

:smuggrin: