fantasty

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
The one with the Wings
Status
Attending Physician
Just out of curiosity, does your medical school have its own fitness / wellness center or gym? If so, could you give a few details? Thanks!

Gimlet

Cardiac Anesthesiologist
10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
MCW has a pretty decent-sized fitness center in its basement...free weights, home gyms, and aerobic exercise equipment (treadmills, stairclimbers, ellipticals, etc). I hope I'll be motivated enough to hit it up once in a while come next fall.

As far as I can tell, the University of Wisconsin med school doesn't have a separate fitness center, but your ID will get you in any of the university's 3 large recreational facilities. I would imagine most other state schools are like this.

DrB

Family Medicine Resident
10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2004
In the Desert
Status
My med school is still building the fitness center. It is going to have a basket ball court weights and cardio equiptment. I think it is a necessary part of medical school to burn off stress and maintian health... we are trying to be leaders.

If your school doesn't have one, take that up with the student union. Maybe talk to a local gym about group membership?

Termwean

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Status
Attending Physician
Our school has one with weights/cardio. They are also supposedly opening a new one in July or August in the New Dorms. School has a wellness program. The new gym and dorm also is supposed to have a new daycare center.

logos

100% Organic
15+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2002
Out there.
Status
Attending Physician
Are these specifically for the medical school? The school i'm going to next year just lets the med students use any of Recs for the ugrad (where i attend now). There are five I think.