Medical School in NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seldon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those medical students attending school in NYC, what is daily life like? Also, how close are you to the nearest jewish deli *critical information, response needed*.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Why not apply and check it out for yourself at interview ??

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why not apply and check it out for yourself at interview ??
I'm definitely going to apply, but I'm procrastinating right now and I would really appreciate some support:prof:

For those medical students attending school in NYC, what is daily life like? Also, how close are you to the nearest jewish deli *critical information, response needed*.
When I interviewed in NYC there was a man with a meat clever that chopped up like 2 people and then a bomb went off couple days later.

Overall I had a great time in NYC 10/10 would do it again

Reactions: 11 users
When I interviewed in NYC there was a man with a meat clever that chopped up like 2 people and then a bomb went off couple days later.

sounds legit

I assume the timing OP was hyperbolic but I think he/she was referring to the chelsea bombings and the penn station cleaver attack which happened in September and November .

NYC is going to give you some of the best food, entertainment, sports, and night life options in the world. The cost of this will be literally all of your money. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Another recent news story was when someone shot the dean of Mt. Sinai while he was out at a deli (he's okay though)

Katz deli and Ben's best in queens. You're welcome. As for NY, you'll quickly learn that ain't no one got time for that so stop staring at the building and keep walking.

Reactions: 1 user
Katz deli and Ben's best in queens. You're welcome. As for NY, you'll quickly learn that ain't no one got time for that so stop staring at the building and keep walking.

When will a medical student have the time to go to queens for food?

Members don't see this ad :)

MEAT CLEAVER GUY WAS MY FIRST INTERVIEW DAY!!

The police shutting down all those streets made me miss my bus home :(

Still going to a New York school anyway lol

My favorite place, Deli King, was between Northshore Hospital, teaching center for NYU, and Long Island Jewish, teaching center for Einstein, on the Queens/Long Island border and full MS 3/4 as well as residents (usually for take out). They used have a big sign in the window fro drug reps to ask about catering lunches in offices. When they change the law some years ago and stopped those sponsorships , it went downhill and suddenly closed up. I still mourn its passing

A sad illustration of unintended consequences.

LOL, there's so much good food in new york, seems like any bodega on the corner can cook up a mean egg and sausage, bagel and lox, etc etc.

And queens manhattan and brooklyn manhattan is easy. It's going from bk to qns that's the pain in the ass.

NY schools being NYU, Columbia, Cornell, Mt. Sinai, Albert Einstein. SUNY Downstate. Am I missing any?

They are all extremely competitive. Try to get in to any of them and it will be an accomplishment in itself even making it to the interview process

NY schools being NYU, Columbia, Cornell, Mt. Sinai, Albert Einstein. SUNY Downstate. Am I missing any?

They are all extremely competitive. Try to get in to any of them and it will be an accomplishment in itself even making it to the interview process
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine

it was replaced by a freaking Shake Shake. I havent had a good pastrami or tounge sandwich with round knish and real kosher pickle in months!
2nd Ave. deli man, it's killer

Who says "jewish deli?" Do you mean a "kosher deli?" Are you looking for a good pastrami sandwich or are you keep away from Trefe?
A lot of jewish deli's aren't Kosher anymore, so I stick with "jewish deli" when trying to get a good corned beef on rye.

went to med school on LI but residency in NYC, was single and had a lot of fun...important to have a relatively reasonable living situation (safe, decent neighborhood, somewhat affordable etc)

September 15: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/16/...fficer-with-meat-cleaver-authorities-say.html

September 18: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_New_York_and_New_Jersey_bombings (I was 1 block away when it occurred it was really loud)

Why would I make this up? I was there for a week for multiple interviews.

went to med school on LI but residency in NYC, was single and had a lot of fun...
This is physician for "I smashed like crazy." You naughty.